CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't activate my Office 365

Hi! I did install Office 365 in my old Mac Mini Core2Duo with Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon. Due to my old GPU Intel GMA 950, I'm running with software rendering.
Word seems to work ok, but soon opened the window to register it. But as I click to proceed, an error message opens telling something go wrong, try again later. Error code: 0x080070426. I have looked for this error in MS help forum, the prescription is to turn off antivirus, then turn off process (others than MS) and so on. It seems something is interfering with communication app - Microsoft servers, right? But I don't know if is due to CrossOver, Wine, Mint, Linux, God... Also I don't know ho to fix it...
Any suggestions?

Try to reinstall the bottle. I'm using last Office365 32 bit installer. You'll get an error when you'll try to connect to your Microsoft's account to activate the software. This is because of new Edge browser compatibility. In order to complete the activation, try to do the activation twice, and then, software will be activated. You can see your installation in the installation list of your Microsoft profile.
Best regards.

I tried doing that with Office 2016 installed into a Windows7 bottle, but the activation fails every time trying to install Microsoft Edge. I am wondering if you could provide a bit more detail of how you were able to get the installation to be activated?

Regards,
Ian

I'm not sure what I did, but I was working with the bottle because of another issue: software rendering - needed when with old GPU. But I think the bottle was reset and when I could run Word again, it reach the MS server and the license was activated finally. Sorry I don't have details to share but at list we know it's possible to work with Office 386 in old PCs with Linux + CrossOver.

The problem with Edge is known to CodeWeavers for about three months, maybe longer. It only affects users with personal Office 365 accounts, apparently. I sure it will be fixed in the next update ... CodeWeavers told me to expect a fix in April but not yet seen.
My office apps have a warning but are still functioning. They were installed before this problem hit.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOEpGTUg5YzdtUEpDTkZBdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9