CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Having a problem getting office 365 to run

Hi
I am trialling CrossOver on a clean SSD install of Mate 20.04 running on an old I5 4590-Asrock H87 board with 64GB ram.
The CrossOver install appears to proceed correctly and the office365 (and extra needed files) install runs and completes without incident.
The problem arises when the install completes and I try to launch word, excell, powerpoint etc... I get an appropriately coloured and labelled box (with "loading" in the lower left corner) and that’s all, it stays that way for as long as the computer is running.
I have tried reinstalling Mate but still get the same process-result.

Office 356 is installing into a windows 7 bottle thing.

Any ideas-suggestions welcome

Regards.

Problem solved 😕

How did you fix the problem? Others may benefit from it. Surprised how dead the forum is, though.

Hello
I was successful in installing Office 365 and with CW 20.1, the registration works.
That said, Excel is mostly working but Power Query does not load. I think itś looking for .NET Framework.
Has anyone be able to have Power Query working, and how??
Thank you
Jean

Hi Jean,

Unfortunately, that is a known issue, and to the best of my knowledge there are no workarounds :/

Best,
Meredith

Thank you Meredith
Sad answer but at least now I know it's a general issue.
Jean

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVlJUTG14OWV2QlBieUY0dyIsImdkcHIiOjB9