CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 7 - cannot save to NTFS non-linux drives

I use Office 2003 under Crossover 7. Spent a great deal of time designing and populating with data an Excel spreadsheet. When I tried to save it, the only locations accessible were those on my Linux partition. Other "Places" while, readily accessible when navigating in Linux (Ubuntu 8.04) were not accessible from Excel's save dialog.

My workaround was to simply save to the ubuntu desktop and then copy the file from Ubuntu to the location of my choice.

. . . but something must be wrong, either with my approach or with the setup.

Suggestions would be welcome.

Caruso

Hi,
See this thread for an explanation: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=26;msg=36058

I think I did not explain myself well. I could start to 'save as' and navigate to any location in my system, just could not save the file there. Perhaps your reference is the explanation. I don't remember having that problem in earlier versions, and I used to save database files from Access running in Crossover, and then either open them from Access in XP (dual booting) or copy them to some portable storage device and carry them to the office.

In this case, I saved the Excel spreadsheet file to my Ubuntu desktop, then emailed it to myself so that I could download it when I got to the office. That worked out fine.

Thanks for your reply.

Caruso

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZHZ4UE10Tll6NHFXdGZjNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9