CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

IE: Active Directory authentication fails

Hi,

I am trying to access a site which needs active directory authentication, but whenever i enter my credentials, authorization fails.

I have tried the wldap32 (native, builtin) ovveride but no luck there either.

Any help would be greatly appretiated

just out of curiosity is there a particular reason you need to do this in IE or can you do it in firefox natively(take ie and crossover oout of the equation) reson I ask is that I have looged into windows servers on my ubuntu box using firefox for things such as OWA, & FTP without issue both of which use AD authentication

One particular site only renders in IE, it is not standards compliant, hence does not render at all on firefox. And as you might have already guessed, its a pretty important site

is a sharepoint site? reason I'm asking is I know that these sites use active X controls and many have issues running in anything other than IE also what version of IE are you running in cx as this also will effect what activex controls will work whether or not you can connect to the site etc some of the sites I goto do not care much for the ie built into cx however do work just fine in newer versions basically I'm just trying to help you narrow the cause and possible solution down I may not be able to help but we can atleast try

you guessed absolutely right,

its a sharepoint site. I am using IE 6 in a win 98 bottle, the "recommended" install deo code weavers

Thats what I thought however, thats also the reason I dual boot as I have yet to get the ActiveX controls required to function properly in any bottle 98 or up(basically they won't install) I really wish I could help more however at this point I'm basically where you are and like I said that why I dual boot

Chris,

There is a way to hack IE so that activeX's get installed.

AS you might have noticed OWA is pretty poor as well on the win98 bottle, but if you change the registry to the following, the OWA activeX will get downloaded

In the registry editor window navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\

Select the "Edit" menu -> New -> Key. For the key name enter:

Post Platform

With "Post Platform" selected: Edit menu -> New -> String Value. For the name enter:

Windows NT 5.1

Click "OK", then double-click the new item named "Windows NT 5.1" and set the value:

This String Doesn’t Matter I think

source:
http://www.flatmtn.com/article/wine-ie-and-owa-premium

I guess if IE were to get installed on a winxp bottle, it would be great

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicHpNWUV0Q0tXOWRYYkFaYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9