CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Lotus Notes 8 gold????

I checked the Compatibilty Center and Lotus Notes 8 was given a gold rating.

I have crossover pro linux 8.0 and I am trying to install Lotus Notes client 8.02.
The installer crashes "The Wizard was interrupted before Lotus Note 8.02 could be completely installed"

Our office was using 6.5 for a long time. Last year we switched to 7, which Crossover could not run until Crossover version 8.0.
(However, wine could install it, and once installed I moved everything over to a crossover bottle).
Now we are moving to version 8. 8.5 may not be far behind.

So what's up with Lotus 8. Who gave it a gold rating?

Running Ubuntu 9.04 on an AMD64 box.

Any help out there?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I couldn't figure out how to place questions in the Compatibility Center.

To answer the 'who' question ;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=3916;forum=1;msg=54905

You could try replying to that thread, asking him is he did
anything special to make it happen.

I know this doesn't directly answer your question but Notes 8 and 8.5 have linux versions (Except for designer). Do you need designer or just the normal client?

The issue is AMD64. I downloaded the Linux 8.5 demo client but it's 32 bit only. I forced it to install, but I will still need to downloaded a boatload of 32 bit libs.
If I could run 8.X under crossover, that would eliminate the issues regarding 64bit v 32 bit.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZFpmcHJDUHZHZ3BHTUs3dCIsImdkcHIiOjB9