CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

bottles and profiles question.

OK, I am setting up a profile for a Winterim course I run using COG. I am using desktop imacs running Leopard.

I got my bottle installed and the game running flawlessly. Then I exported the bottle. When I created a profile based on the template the the working bottle I had COG installed, but there was no bottle. I copied the bottle over to 16 computers (I have 16 licenses for the game) and when it had finished importing, the program was in the bottle, but the run command was not in the top menu.

I chose 'run' and found the path to the game executable file. The computer ran for a long, long, long time before the game finally started. When it did start, it ran flawlessly. I quit and selected the 'Save Command to Program Menu' option. On some computers the finder windows popped open and on others it didn't.

a) Why didn't the bottle have the program menus when the only difference is the profile they are installed on? (same machines_

b) Why isn't the save run command working when it does find the game and run it?

Any help is appreciated. I'm stumped.

What procedure did you use to "export" and "import" the bottle? Do you mean you created an archive and then did "Add from Archive" on each workstation?

It may help to select Clear and Rebuild Programs Menu from the Configure menu.

It is known and expected that the first run of certain commands or of a Windows program in a user account may take a long time. CrossOver has to catalog the available fonts. After the first time, it has that information cached.

There is also a bug where CrossOver won't always monitor bottles for newly-created programs. This bug will be fixed in the soon-to-be-released CrossOver 10.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzIyMjYxMDA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSjVlM1RMVXdHZ2ZSeFlUUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9