CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Freight Yard Manager

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums. I love Crossover, but one game I can't get to run is Freight Yard Manager. It's a train game that you manage yards on. Every time I try to run it, it gives me this error. Can anyone tell me what this means and if they can get it to work on their machine? If you can't find the files, just ask. Thanks!

The command "/Volumes/NO NAME 1/Temp/FYM/FYManager.exe" returned 1.

StdOut: Could not load file or assembly 'Client, Version=1.5.2760.12167, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

StdErr:
Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FYManager.F' from assembly 'FYManager, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hi,

Looks like a .NET thing and/or Mono - you could try installing the .NET
packages (try .NET 2.0 first) - these are in the 'Runtime Support Components'
are of the cxinstaller GUI ; Mono you can see/install from here;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4806

Hope this helps..

Cheers!

It seemed to help, but now I get this error message.

An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem

I don't see it anywhere. It looks like I do have DirectX setup as I did do the DXSETUP.exe process.

Hmmm....try installing the following;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7558

(do not install the Bing! search bar thingy)

That's what I tried. I forgot to mention that sorry.

No prob...if you're interested in grabbing a debuglog,
let me know, and I'll take a look at what's going on...

edit: you using OSX or linux?

I'm using OS X.

Okidoki, have a look at the following C$ page;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/SubmitTechSupportLog

In the 'Extra logging channels' pane, check +seh +x11drv

In the Other: string box, enter +trace,+d3d

Run the program to create the debuglog ; once you have the logfile,
gzip it and upload it to here - use the password 5HVMTPo5A2 to login
and upload the file ; I'll have a look at it once it there..

Cheers!

Uploaded

Hi,

It's crashing in .NET loading the Managed Directx Assemblies. I think
it's the same error (the directx load error) you were seeing previously,
but with the extra dependencies it's merely disclosed exactly what's making
the call. I believe the directx load error is being thrown here;

fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L".NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting"): stub
fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x00001388,0x0,0x000b,0x00000102,0x3009a1b4,0x6cd1e4): stub
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"clr20r3"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"fymanager.exe"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"1.0.0.0"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"4cbd499c"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"microsoft.visualbasic"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"8.0.0.0"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"4333d6d8"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"6e"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"8"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"system.io.filenotfoundexception"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"NIL"
fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub
fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread info class 9 not supported yet

The .NET crash happens just beyond the above trace, and I think the last line
here above maybe the dx9 error you were seeing before .NET was present. I do
not know why there's a reference to visual.basic as I don't have the app so
I can't be sure (I do know that some apps that use MDX require Microsoft Visual
Basic 6.0 redist). If I'm right here, the parody goes something like this -
the app calls .net to load the MDX assembly. but things come unstuck when it
attempts to call directx to gather actual system/device information ; the latter
here fails I think because dxdiag.exe won't run. I'm no expert wrt .NET tho',
but that's my understanding on how these things are supposed to work. There's
also a possibility this failure relates back to .NET 2.0 SP1 & SP2 (which are
not working in crossover/wine yet)...

If you look at the debug log, you will see the actual error being reported as;

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D, Version=1.0.2902.0, C
ulture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002
File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
at ..OnCreateMainForm()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
at ...(String[] .)

The assembly itself should be in <bottlename>/drive_c/windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX/

If it is, and it's not loading, you'd have to try and find out why ; you could create another debuglog
and look at the +ntdll,+loaddll channels ; after you grab that log, review it and look for lines
starting with 'err:' or 'warn:' ...this will let you know whether it's trying to load a dll it can't
find..or...it's loading a builtin dll that one might switch to native (depending on what it is) - feel
free to upload such a log to the same location if you have problems interpreting it...

Cheers!

By the assembly being in that folder, do you mean the DirectX files if I were to run DXSetup.exe? If so, it still gives me the same error.

This is linux specific, but on OSX it looks the same (just different path spec)

pwd;

/home/<username>/.cxgames/test/drive_c/windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX

ls;

1.0.2902.031bf3856ad364e35 1.0.2905.031bf3856ad364e35 1.0.2908.031bf3856ad364e35 1.0.2911.031bf3856ad364e35
1.0.2903.031bf3856ad364e35 1.0.2906.031bf3856ad364e35 1.0.2909.031bf3856ad364e35
31bf3856ad364e35 1.0.2907.031bf3856ad364e35 1.0.2910.031bf3856ad364e35

ls 1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35 ;

AssemblyInfo.ini Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll

That's what you should see - the assembly binding is compiled in $TMP afaik, and this is
the bit that's likely failing -- you won't gain anything running programs, this will likely
only be discovered in debug....I suppose it's possible something from XNA is missing, you
might install that package and see if it helps....;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7988

If that doesn't help, my previous advice still stands =)

Cheers!

1 to 12 of 12

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzIyMjYxMDA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiODc1cnN1Tk5ZaHpxTWFNdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9