CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops

I've never posted on the Forums before, I usually try stick to the Compatibility Database but as there's no post for Black Ops yet, I thought I'd repot my findings here.

There's been huge hype about this game - the Demo was rated 'Garbage' by WineHq, and checking just a few hours after its release saw Silver being posted for the DVD version. I've had some issues with the lagginess of the Steam version, so tried to keep my testing for the DVD release.

As for how it runs on CrossOver Games, I installed DotNet 3.0, DirectX Modern and 2005&2008 Redists for Visual C++ (after reading users had to do this on WineHQ). I'm not sure if these are necessary, but there's no harm done.

The game worked amazingly to say I used my MacBook with only 256MB VRAM and a 2.16GHz Processor. Some users claimed no sound, but under Games 9.2 the sound worked for the menus, ingame videos and the actual in game play. I had the graphics turned down, but shadows and some blurring worked (I've not extensively tested it yet). When the database adds the app, I'll post up some screenshots :)

Thanks for the report. Sounds good. Just so you know, there now is an entry for Black Ops in the Compatibility Center. 😊

How do you get Black ops to play? cuz doesn't seem to work for me...

As above.
"I installed DotNet 3.0, DirectX Modern and 2005&2008 Redists for Visual C++ (after reading users had to do this on WineHQ)."
Into a bottle, before installation of those elements, you should use CrossOver's file manager to install Black Ops into the same wrapper, and after installing those elements, it should play. Bottles>Configuration
It should be in the top bar. If you can't find it, click help and type in Configuration
... At lsat, I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

What is the best version to buy for Call of Duty Black Ops?

Gamestop
Activision
Steam
D2D

i know i sound stupid asking but i have no idea how to use black ops on my mac..... i have downloaded it through crossover but when i try to start the game it doesn't work, anyone have any solutions?

morgan wrote:

i know i sound stupid asking but i have no idea how to use black ops
on my mac..... i have downloaded it through crossover but when i try
to start the game it doesn't work, anyone have any solutions?

Hi,

See the second post in this thread (from Ken)? Ask questions about this app
on it's C4 page/forum that Ken has linked to.

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzIyMjYxMDA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZVJHQ0NzcmdNc2tSaDVkRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9