Xnews Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Full success with Xnews
Anonymous

I happened to get Xnews working perfectly with cxoffice Pro 3.0.

Copy comctl32.dll, riched20.dll and riched32.dll frop windows XP to the root directory of Xnews.

Edit ~/.cxoffice/dotwine/config and put the following in it:
[AppDefaults\\Xnews.exe\\DllOverrides]
"*comctl32" = "native"
"riched20" = "native"
"riched32" = "native"

Note that the '*' before comctl32 is imperative in order to override the default entry of config.

Michel

Thanks a lot for finding this out!
I just tried this with the same DLLs from Windows 2000 and it indeed seems to fix several issues :)
I'll add this to the tips section.

Thanks,

I happen to run also Newsbin with the same tip.

Please, tell me the issues which are not solved, I'll try to help.

Michel

When switching between different windows for example, a window should always be fullscreen, if the previous one was also fullscreen.
Even with the fixes, this doesn't seem to work properly in Crossover.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXhKVzJNcG41c1lNTnhaUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9