World Of Goo Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Version of WoG

The Steam version installs and it's minimally playable, but has a very bad screen flicker that doesn't stop.
I tried it in Full screen mode. I use Ubuntu 8.10 64bits with an Nvidia 8500GT card.

The Steam version of WoG works for my setup in full screen mode. This is on an iMac, using a new WinXP bottle, installed steam, and installed WoG from there. Running with a resolution of 1680x1050 with a 75hz refresh rate. This is with 7.1.1 and 7.2 of CrossOver Games.

I'm curious why you guys are using Crossover Games for World of Goo? There's a native version for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.

While I would rather have the native Linux version, the Steam version was on sale for 75% this weekend. I like the game but the full price seems too high to me.

World of Goo on steam starts of fine for me but the screen is black and I can't get to any menu to correct it. Mac OS 10.5 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

World of goo is already for Mac. So macusers i recommon to buy/use the macversion. Have also the game. Like it alot.

I too have the game..linux native version 😀

It is fun (: good for killing of some of my brain cells and spare time

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQW1XUXl5U1F1UnNXZ0tlUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9