Visual FoxPro 9.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Visual FoxPro 9.0 howto

Tested on Debian 10 Buster amd64 with CrossOver Linux 18.5.0

1. Create new Windows 7 bottle. Execute following steps in this bottle.
  2. Install unlisted application cd/WCU/bootstrap.msi
  3. Install unlisted application cd/setup/setup.exe (have your product key handy)
  4. Install Internet Explorer 8 (select restart later at every prompt to restart)
  5. Restart Windows from Control Panel
  6. Install Microsoft XML Parser 4.0 SP3
  7. Install VFP 9.0 SP2.

At VFP first run, allow enough time for Task Pane Manager to download Internet content (on my machine and my connection it is about five minutes). When Command Window appears, VFP is ready. I always set Task Pane Manager options to NOT OPEN Task Pane Manager on VFP startup, so startup is immediate; when doing this setup Task Pane will refresh again for a last time. You can manually install VFP90SP2-KB968409-ENU.EXE from Linux with your favorite file browser, decompressing it and then moving each file to ~/.cxoffice/bottle/drive_c following the EXE instructions.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWGJxN2h0UHNoc3F1YmdKRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9