Ventrilo Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problems with mic on Mac OSX

Everything i have tried to use works fine except the fact that it will not recognize my microphone. The mic works fine when i use it on my windows partition so that tells me that the mic is not the problem. Also, it does recognize and allow me to choose the mic for the inbound sound. So i can hear the Vent convo. through the mic but it wont allow me to talk through it. Any help would be appreciated.

Does the mic work for Mac-native applications? In System Preferences, in the Sound pane, on the Input tab, is the proper device selected? Does the Input Level indicator respond when you speak?

Yes i chose the mic in the Input tab, and the Input Level does move as i speak into the mic. So it seems as though it does work for mac-native applications.

Launch /Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup.app. In the Properties For pop-up, select your device. What's the Format shown under Audio Input? It should probably be something like 44100.0 Hz, 2ch-24bit. If not, try changing it to that (or as near as your device allows) and try Ventrilo again.

44100.0 Hz, 1ch 16bit is what it shows under Audio Input. It will allow me to change Hz value, but there are no other options to change the 1ch 16bit option. Since it is already at 44100.0 Hz it seems as though i dont need to change that.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUGZBaGczdUZtVW1DMnJITiIsImdkcHIiOjB9