Ventrilo Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mic issues

Works great to listen to everyone, however, is there anyway to get it to recognize my mic? Under input where it usually says AK5370 there is nothing listen but default directsound device. Also, it is not recognizing my push to talk button. Anyone have any luck with that?

My outbound is working perfectly using keybinds. See my post below regarding my Linux configuration. I use a headset that has a microphone built-in with 2 cables... 1 for the outbound and one for inbound like normal. I am using the default directsound device and people can hear me just fine... I don't have the +20Db or whatever checked either in the volume properties. I game on another box and have the Linux system up for web browsing, IRC and Ventrilo and it's running better then my old Windows box.

Unfortunately I do not have the system in front of me at the moment but will post more details in a few hours regarding my exact settings. I leave the Ventrillo window open but it does not need to be "selected" for the keybinds to work. I am fairly certain all I did was open the volume properties and uncheck lots of the unused stuff and made sure microphone 1 was selected. Everything was adjusted in the GUI (KDE using ALSA).

The only thing I noticed after very long extended periods of use was the server disconnecting, but I am fairly sure that is related to our Vent server and not the Crossover/Linux Vent client stuff.

Now.. if we can just get the mouse pointer to work it would be good enough to claim as an officially supported application. Anyone have luck getting mouse to cooperate?

Well, for some reason I don't have a microphone able to be selected in my input box, it worked fine when i was running windows, so it's not the mic. The mouse pointer works fine for me, but i had to deselect "Use directInput to detect hotkey." that made the mouse pointer work fine. Now i just need my outbound to work and I'm set :). If you could post that configuration that'd be wonderful

OK, here are my settings... remember I am running Open SUSE 10.2 on a whitebox server:

1.) Right clicking on the volume icon in the default desktop environment (KDE) I have the following set:

Volume Control: SBLive! Value [CT4871] (Alsa Mixer)

1.) Playback Tab: (everything is checked and ON except the following)

• PCM

• CD

• VIDEO

• PHONE

• PC SPEAKER

• If you don't see all of these settings available, you will need to go to Edit, Preferences, and then check everything in "Select Tracks to be visible"

2.) Capture Tab: everything is un-muted and ON and all sliders are set to half-way.

3.) Switches Tab: (only the following are checked)

Headohone LFE
Headphone Center
Line-in Capture
Microphone Capture
Aux Capture
Mix
Mix Mono

4.) Options Tab: Mic Select = Mic1

For Ventrilo, I have "Use DirectSound" checked for both inbound and outbound, with "default directsound device" in both drop down boxes.

Let me know if you get it working,

Also if you want push-to-talk to work on a mac then you will need a program I wrote that is here:

http://www.mediamax.com/attercob

Enjoy.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTEpyTjhSZ1FRVjhlV0VjZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9