Ventrilo Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

issue when listening to multiple people at once

the problem:

i cant listen to multiple people or audio events happening at the same time on ventrilo in crossover (6.2) on my mac. if someone starts talking, i will see the green light go up for other people talking, but i wont hear them until the first person is done talking. muting the original person will not fix this, the first person has to stop. also the push-to-talk 'click' noise also doesnt happen if someone is already talking. i've also confirmed that even tho someone is talking and i try to talk, they will hear me over someone else.

standard ventrilo behavior is to obviously allow multiple people talking at once.

is there anything i should be setting in winecfg or in the ventrilo application audio settings?

I have this problem as well and is the only reason stopping me from buying CrossOver along with no Push-To-Talk button support with other apps in focus. These seem to be issues that aren't going to be solved for a while though - if ever.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS2FMWlZNS0pVV0JQZFNDeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9