Uplink: Hacker Elite Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Resolution Issues

I have a 1440 by 900 monitor. Uplink otherwise works perfectly for me, but setting the resolution to 1440 by 900 or 875 screws up the game's display. Buttons are partially cut off on the bottoms, and the game thinks the cursor is much higher than it actually is. Another problem is that you can't change it back easily, because in order to apply changes to resolution settings, you have to click the apply button, which is at the very bottom of the screen, and it's unclickable because the game things the cursor is above it when it's actually at the bottom of the screen. I fixed this problem by uninstalling Uplink, clearing the settings and save games manually in the C drive, reinstalling it, and choosing a smaller screen resolution.

I don't have these issues in the latest release. I'm on snow leopard 10.6.4. Are you using the latest release?

Also just use a virtual desktop next time to fix this issue because you can drag that window around and then find the apply button.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3F5QjNQYWhBTWtURmZCMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9