Uplink: Hacker Elite Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

If you want to run this game on 11.0.3, please do this

Hi,

To fully enable fullscreen version of uplink (for me resolution 1440x900) do this:

DISABLE Virtual desktop (more in tips and tricks but un-tick)

ENABLE XRandR

Run regedit in bottle where uplink is installed:
Fire up menu Programs->Run command... where you have to select the bottle with Uplink and into command write regedit.

In the regedit go to key HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Wine->AppDefaults and create new key "uplink.exe" without quotation marks. There you have to create new key under uplink.exe which is called "X11 Driver" without quotation marks and in the X11 Driver you have to right click the right part of the screen and selected New->String value

Into the Name you have to write "UseXRandR" without quotation marks and then double-click it and enter "Y" for value without quotation marks.

And that's it, uplink is working fully in fullscreen 1440x900 without annoying menu in the upper screen and mouse pointer is clicking correctly where it is on the screen.

Hope it will help you.

I would have tried doing the CrossTie file, but I can't find the specification or whatever :(

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicDNZQ3Z2UUEyN0hLMmhSSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9