UFile 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

What Version Does UFile Report After Its Updater Runs?

Regardless of how an update of UFile 2010 within CrossOver for Mac 10.1.0 (Impersonator) running on OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) is initiated, it seems to download and install the update fine, and when I use the Finder to observe UFile's "updates" folder, I see a file downloaded during the download phase that later disappears after the Install button is pushed. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, I find that within Impersonator, after supposedly being updated, UFile still reports its version as 2010.1401. On XP, I now get version 2010.1421. On the WinXP box, 25 files and 3 folders in UFile's directory have 2011 modification dates; on the Mac, none of the files do.

I suspect that there's some kind of permissions issue, and problems installing updates might explain why my results are different on the Mac than on the XP computer.

If you've installed and updated UFile 2010 within CrossOver (Mac or Linux), please indicate:

• What version UFile reports* after it's been updated,
  • Your CrossOver platform and version, and
  • Your OS and version.

Of course any suggestions about how to correct the problem would also be welcome.

Thanks!

• To check, use UFile's Help | About UFile ... command

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQW5QQnVxZHR1MlBUY0JzcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9