TurboTax 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation attempts

So far, all my installation attempts with Turbo Tax 2003 Deluxe have failed

1. Just doing autoplay off of the CD brings up a white autoplay screen, then hangs

2. manually selecting setup.exe off of the CD gets further. It starts installshield, which displays a blue Turbo Tax install splash that stalls and essentially locks the window manager. It always has focus, so I can't switch to other windows, terminals, etc. I had to switch to VC 1 to kill wine off to get focus back

I get a slightly more cooperative behavior. I run SETUP.EXE off the CD and the InstallShield splash comes up; then I get a little message box saying:
Error Number: 0x80040706
Description: Object reference not set. Setup will now terminate.

Then the "RegServer" window appears momentarily.

It would be nice to get this one working. TaxCut worked pretty well last year, but I got TurboTax Deluxe for $15. Guess I'll have to run it on my WinXP laptop for now....

I had the same problem, but was able to work around them by pressing Alt+F2 (in KDE), which brings up the Run Command dialog box. For some reason, this brings forward all the windows that the TurboTax installer's big blue window was hiding. It doesn't always work, but I managed to get it to work often enough to make my way through all the installer's dialog boxes.

No Programs menu item or desktop icon is created. When I manually run ttax.exe, the opening sound is played, the main window appears, and the application hangs.

Pretty much the same behavior. Though the Alt+f2 trick did not work for me. I get the blue screen on both autorun.exe and setup.exe. So no luck with the installation.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOEFlOXV3ZHRSeDJ0dGJyUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9