TurboTax 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CD Drive problem installing TT 2006 Deluxe

I'm using CX 5.0.3, and trying to install Turbotax 2006 deluxe. Every time I try the installation, I get an error message about CD drive problems. The details tell me something about /dev/tmp-22-0. CX offers to "fix" the problem, but I get into a loop where the fix isn't made, and it offers to fix things again. Anyone noticed this problem? Is there a workaround? Bob P.

same problem here. I even tried 6.0 beta with the same results. I've submitted a support ticket but so far no fix. I am using Ubuntu 6.1.

Have you inspected the disc itself for damage?

My first copy had a manufacturing problem on the disc and I returned it for a new copy. The new copy also gave me a little bit if input/output errors but only on one or two files -- hopefully insignificant files.

I think their manufacturing process is really shoddy this year. I've never had two bad discs in a row. I also got my copy from Sam's Club if that makes a difference.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaG1MMkNYTFFORUZyUWJyTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9