TurboTax 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Re: TT 2005 Premier

For whatever reason, the forum refuses to let me respond to the thread above.... anyway:

The difference between Turbo Tax Premier and Deluxe is whether or not you need to file for a sole proprietership business or have rental property. You can get a list of the differences at Intuit's site: http://www.turbotax.com/tax_products/online_products.html?source=ttcommain&amppriorityCode=3025930788 but chances are you don't need Premier.

As for installing TT 2005, go into the CXOffice setup and create a new win98 bottle (or modify the one you already created for TT) and install IE 6.0 into that bottle from the setup screen. After that's done, you can install your TT software into the existing bottle (don't create a new one) and it should have no problems as long as IE is already installed in the bottle.

Hi,

In my attempt to install TT, I think I followed your directions: 1. I created a new bottle (Win98), from there, 2> I installed IE 6 from the cd into the bottle, was I supposed to do that? 3. Then I tried to install TT into the same bottle and I got an error saying "Couldn't load liscence aggreement files". Two screens later the install failed.

Any Ideas?

Ken

You should be able to load IE 6 from the CrossOver Office menu instead of the CD.

When you go into the CXOffice setup screen and create your bottle, you can then add applications to the bottle and select IE 6 from the list of supported applications. It will install itself into the bottle without using your CD.

Then continue to install TT from the CD and see if that clears up anything, though I can't say I've seen the "Couldn't load license agreement files" error before. Wonder if anyone else here has installed TT Premier successfully -- I only have the Deluxe version. But keep posting and I'll do my best to help you get it installed.

Sorry it took so long to get back to this thread. Yes, I loaded IE6 from the menu and then installed the cd for Turbo Tax deluxe. It worked flawlessly! Thanks 😉

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMlJ1WlJhNUZLNmVudlEycCIsImdkcHIiOjB9