TurboTax 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Turbo Tax Premier 2005

I have just installed and updated the latest TT on my SuSE 10 box (AMD64). I run the latest release version of CX. To avoid many issues, I installed it into my Quicken bottle (which I know works flawlessly). I believe it is a win98 bottle. This avoided many issues of not having other required software installed. It was slow installing by linux standards but it did work without a hitch. However, I never have been able to install Macromedia Flash Player due to the fact they don't have an x86_64 bit version for linux yet. For those of you that have 32-bit machines it should also be installed and working to view the videos. I also was able to transfer last years TT data into 2005 Premier TT without any issues. I was also able to transfer my Quicken data into TT. Will keep you all posted of any gliches I encounter and how I solved it. Happy Penguins!

Here's a handy guide (for Ubuntu) to create a 32-bit chroot jail: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=24575

In it you can install Flash and other 32-bit only software. While the instructions are for Ubuntu the concept is the same and you can probably find similar how-tos for your distribution. Just remember if you share your home directory then you can't run a 32-bit and 64-bit version of the same app at the same time (such as firefox).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZVVOUVhFdHlQTGIzcEtNSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9