TurboTax 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TT2005 Premier

I have TT2005 Premier working GREAT! on CX 5.0
I choose win2000
And installed from setup.exe on the cd
It looks and works like it should
Updated with no problem

Same for me. I haven't gone all the way through the filing process, but the install and update were fine.

A couple of notes. I ran the update while the base turbotax program was running. Update wants to end turbotax, but it won't end. As long as your run update when the base proram is not running, there were no problems.

As mentioned in the known issues, there are still problems with the pop-up dialogs being unresponsive.

Dave

what the difference between premier and deluxe? On both CX5.0 and CX5.0.1, I cannot install TT Deluxe 2005.

Always in a new bottle (tried both win98 and win2000), i get an error (some hex value) a couple steps into the install, just after the warning that it needs to install IE from the CDROM pops up.

ken

The difference between Premier and Deluxe is a matter of extra financial features such as taxes for investments, small (home-based?) businesses. and rental properties. Look at the feature list on Intuit's site: http://turbotax.intuit.com/

As for the install failure, have you tried installing IE 6.0 into the bottle (preferrably win2000) prior to installing TT Deluxe as opposed to installing IE from the CD? And lastly, what are you running this on? Linux distro? CXOffice version?

The difference is mostly in small, proprietorship businesses and rental properties. Go to Intuit to get a rundown of features (http://www.turbotax.com/tax_products/online_products.html?source=ttcommain&amppriorityCode=3025930788) but unless you own your own business or rental property, you don't need Premier.

Make sure you install IE 6.0 into the bottle before you install TT -- don't install IE from the CD-ROM. To install IE 6.0 prior to installing TT in it's own bottle, go into the setup screen and manage the bottles - create a new one and install software at that time. When you're done setting up the new bottle, install TT into an existing bottle -- the one you just created. That should do the trick.

The difference is mostly in small, proprietorship businesses and rental properties. Go to Intuit to get a rundown of features (http://www.turbotax.com/tax_products/online_products.html?source=ttcommain&amppriorityCode=3025930788) but unless you own your own business or rental property, you don't need Premier.

Make sure you install IE 6.0 into the bottle before you install TT -- don't install IE from the CD-ROM. To install IE 6.0 prior to installing TT in it's own bottle, go into the setup screen and manage the bottles - create a new one and install software at that time. When you're done setting up the new bottle, install TT into an existing bottle -- the one you just created. That should do the trick.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOW1RaGNNd3FkcEJNY3JuTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9