TurboTax 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TT Delux 2004 working great!

Woohoo! I just installed Turbotax Deluxe 2004 on CrossOver Office Professional 4.1. Worked flawlessly.

The only caveat - make sure IE 6.x and Windows Media Player 6.5+ are installed in CrossOver office before beginning TurboTax install.

Features of TT I tested:

1)- One-click update - works fine
2)- Playing videos from within TT - works fine
3)- Reading/Writing to TT file (w/password protection) - works fine
4)- Printing - not tested yet

I have a screenshot too, if anyone would like to see it.

Thanks,

Jijoe

Sweet! Hope it stays that way...

Anonymous

let us know how submitting your tax report electronically works (or doesnt)... 😊 thanks for testing.

Anonymous

On the other hand, my installation TT2004 on top of CX 4.0 failed. I succeeded in managing the online purchase, and then the installer bombed. When I try to do a reinstall, I get a screen asking for my installation code and some credit card information. Interestingly, I cannot get the keyboard to enter any characters into this form. I tried fiddling with my browser settings, and selected WinXP rather than default. Nothing's worked so far. Any suggestions? Bob P.

i assume the downloaded version is different in some way, then, because i had no problems here with TT2004 premier on CX 4.0. contact me at markybob at gmail.com if you need the iso. i assume you'd be willing to email me the receipt so i know you've actually bought the software and i dont feel like i'm commiting a crime? 😊

I'll second this.... just installed tt on top of a fairly clean crossover 4.1 install and all seems to be perfect.

It did complain about not being able to find the license file during install, but that's the only "problem" i've seen.

i felt the need to post a followup...the download version is in fact different and does not work, while the cd version does work. the download version requires you unlock it with some special code, which cx doesnt like.

I had the same problem. Here's what got the reinstall working for me (Config- debian linux [testing], KDE, crossover 4.2 debian package):

When the screen comes up asking for installation code and credit info, just click "submit." The button will turn red, and the KDE taskbar should then show a new tab for the TT window (prior to that, the TT window was unknown to the window manager). Right click on the taskbar tab and select "close." The taskbar tab disappears (I think), but the TT window remains with a blue "submit" button and operational entry forms.

Wow, that's may be the weirdest workaround I've ever seen. It worked. I've got the CD unlocked now.

Thanks a lot! (I thought I was going to have to reboot to Windows... :( )

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMnZ4MzlrZ3V0WFBBUm5jUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9