TaxCut 2005 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Does it work?

I purchased TaxCut Deluxe + State today and decided to find out if it works. I first tried to install it into my existing Win98 bottle (5.0.1 CXO), even though Codeweavers suggested I try a new bottle. I was daring. The install seemed to go perfectly. I installed the federal forms, then followed up by installing the Minnesota state form. A registration form popped up, but I was not able to connect to the Internet to register. Too bad.

However, when trying to start the application, I got zip. It seemed to want to start, but nothing ever displayed. Dispair!

I then installed the programs into a new bottle, cleverly titled 'TaxCut2005'. I used the Win2000 template. Once again, the programs installed and the registration window popped up. I entered my info, tried to register over the Internet, and was told 'no go'. I then tried the 'Register by Email' button and that did something, though I doubt it actually sent the email.

This time, starting the program (command line 'taxcut') gave me a welcome screen from H & R Block. I also was prompted to load a Mozilla Active X plugin, which Codeweavers offered to find and install for me. I clicked OK, and the plugin installed, and we were off.

I imported my tax return from 2004, which I had done in TurboTax. Oddly, the program refused to see my tax file when I browsed my computer, but it allowed me to type its name into a box and use that. It worked fine.

I am in the process of filling out my return and am now about 20% through. I will update later as I learn more. So far, so good.

I installed it in actual windows xp and the register over the internet failed there as well. So that's not necessarily a problem in CXO.

Note that you can still download updates from http://www.taxcut.com/updates, and install them manually.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic0xyNHNFMlNRdWZuRzRYZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9