Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

steamwebhelper.exe not responding

Anyone getting steamwebhelper not responding on Mac Sonoma 14.0, Crossover 23.6?

Yes, I've got the same problem on Mac Monterey 12.7.1. I'm getting a dialogue box with a nummber of options (Restart Steam, Exit Steam, Restart Steamwebhelper.exe, ...) but nothing I tried helped.

Edit: strange, but it works for me again. I installed Steam in a new bottle, still the same problem. Then I quit Crossover and the next time I started it up, Steam asked me "Access To Desktop". I agreed and now looks like it works again for me.

Same problem suddenly appeared today after a suspiciously fast "Updating Steam". Seems to be not very widespread but without a clear cause or working solution... How can we help diagnose this?

M2 Macbook Air, Sonoma 14.2, Crossover 23.7.1

Has anyone managed to solve this?

I have been getting the same error since Feb. 28th 2024 on Linux Debian. Updated to Crossover 24.0.0 on the 22nd and I did not have any problems with steam or crossover for the next 4 days. Followed all of the old recommendations on Steam sight regarding steamwebhelper not responding. including updating drivers. I am still working the problem on my system and I will report here if I find a solution.
Terry

Found that installing steam in a new bottle added the libpcsclitel version1.9.9.2 to the system allowed steam to open to then restore from backups and/or run "verify integrity of game files" fixed the problem.

I also got the same problem but a bit different, when Im launching DiRT 3 it use Steam and this problem shows up. But when launching the normal Steam it works. It is weird and also the games I downloaded on steam doesn't work. IDK y

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN0xkTUZ6U1F4c3N0eUxieCIsImdkcHIiOjB9