StarMoney 6 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation procedure

Tried to get Star Money 4.0 working with Crossover Office v3.0.1.

First try to get an already (on windows) installed StarMoney program running was failed. You can find this in the "Known Issues" section (Issue-ID: 470).

Then i try to install it using the CD. I get several error message when the installation wizard starts. Most are relatede with paths (AOL, Handbuch PDF). So i've copied the hole CD to my HDD and create the following symlinks for this paths and files:

/tmp/starmoney/Aol7.0 -> /tmp/starmoney/AOL70/
/tmp/starmoney/handbuch -> /tmp/starmoney/HANDBUCH/
/tmp/starmoney/AOL70/Aolsetup.exe -> /tmp/starmoney/AOL70/AOLSETUP.EXE
/tmp/starmoney/HANDBUCH/StarMoney-40-Handbuch.pdf -> /tmp/starmoney/HANDBUCH/STARMONEY_40_HANDBUCH.PDF
(first part shows link name, second part is the target)

After this rerun the installation will runs flawless.

Also a menu entry was created for starmoney but trying to start the application through this entries was not possible (nothing happens).

So i've tried to start the application from a shell by calling "/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine //smoney.exe" and Star Money was started.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY21kODdtaGZIZU1MazRVRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9