Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Star Trek Online Runs with Playonlinux

Hello all,

I can't understand why Star Trek online runs with Playonlinux and doesn't run in CrossOver.
As far as I know they share the scripts why its not possible to adapt a solution to CrossOver.
I will not pay to have CrossOver until Star Trek Online is supported.
And it would be nice that the technical team of CrossOver keep up with the linux/wine/Playonlinux and so on community.

With best regards,

Pedro Brás

Interesting that you got it to work using playitonlinux? Last time I tried it failed too.. thought it was due to the version of direct X supported by wine??

If codeweavers ever gets STO working again, I will happily renew my subscription.

And even more, Steam Play runs Star Trek Online Too

In a certain way, Codeweavers has put Star Trek Online to run again by means of the new Steam Play Beta. Codeweavers worked together with Valve to make Vulkan work with Steam Play. I tested it yesterday. YAY! It works! Woohooo!!!! 😀

So good News - Star Trek Online now runs with 18.0
There is a new bottle with 18.0 through Steam that has been created.

Granted there are problems with the bottle a bit, for some reason Sound is not working. But in communication with CodeWeavers, they will look at it as time goes on. But for now the graphics work, and you can play the game (On Mac), not tested in Linux but I am sure even better for now since Linux has DXVK support.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ0hmYWVZNzVQcHFSZzdiRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9