Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Extreme Lag on STO

Can anyone help. I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro. I downloaded Crossover to run STO as they are shutting down the Mac client. I have an extreme lag when running the game and almost no functionality in Earth Space dock. Any advice is appreciated.

I have extreme lag on my PC Windows 10, playable but only barely. Started early this year and has not resolved. Not 100% sure it is on my end or a DDos attack.

I'm running STO on a late 2013 Retina Macbook Pro, and my wife runs it on my prior Macbook (a high-end 2010 model, as I recall -- It has the Nvidia discrete GPU in it). I haven't seen any severe lag except when Cryptic was under a series of DDoS attacks a month or two ago. Graphics settings are roughly mid-range on both machines; maxing them out would probably get very low frame rates in busy locations like ESD.

I think the last time I looked, I was seeing roughly 30fps in ESD, and substantially higher most other places. I believe the 2010 Macbook is seeing slightly lower frame rates, and probably has slightly lower graphics settings.

In general, the STO client under Crossover has been performing roughly comparable to the now-defunct official Mac client (which used Transgaming's Cider emulator). It does seem a trifle slower, but not really noticeably.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMkxXdTJlWVU3eWMzcnlKVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9