Reason 5 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

My experience with Reason 5 on Crossover 11.2.0

Using Debian Squeeze (Linux 2.6.32 and a custom 3.5.2 kernel both) I was able to install Reason 5 without too much difficulty. However, there are a few anomalies that keep the app from a silver medal in my case...

There is a lot of graphical noise in Gnome 2.30.2 (using Metacity, no compositing) and most of the application toolbars and dialog boxen are covered in black, making the configuration pane, editing toolbar, and some of the toolkit (F8 screen) unusable. Because I have experience running Reason in Windows, I am able to get by on rote experience but would be lost if this was my first time running the app.

Out of the box, Reason emulates DirectX Audio as well as I would expect Windows to, without dropouts or skips at the default 92ms. I was able to reduce the buffer and get 65ms output without skips.

The menus do not work by mouse, which is a common issue for those running Reason over Wine. The work-around is to press ALT, then down-arrow to expand the File menu, and left-right arrows traverse the Edit, View &c menus. Also, I have not yet tested MIDI controls, having just used the on-screen keyboard (F4) for testing.

All said, however, I am able to work with Reason adequately to not have to dual-boot Windows at this time, and that's great.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUVlGSFpzYTV6Y2drOHlucSIsImdkcHIiOjB9