Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

iRO doesn't run in Crossover Games

I am using a Mac Book Pro.
With : 4GB Ram.
It's an OSX.
OSX - Version - 10.6.3
Nvidia GeForce 320M
Type : GPU

Any extra info needed just ask :]

Well, I installed the iRO game, I go to the folder and I click or double click on it, an icon of it appears on the dock and then just dissapears :( What to do to run it?? =(
Actually I am try to play Valkyrie iRO I downloaded the small patcher and put it in the iRO bottle. I can't run iRO neither can I run Valkyrie iRO, even when Valkyrie iRO wasn't in the bottle iRO didn't run....What should I do??!?!!

Kinda lost on what you exactly did, but The first stickied post, did you follow anything from that? I've pretty much got the same set up ( Macbook ) But with Crossover 9. It pretty much works better than it does on my Win7 OS. I'm sure with a mouse and a actual non-mac keyboard set up, IRo would run pretty much perfectly. But yeah. I believe Valkyrie has it's own download though as well.
[ Sorta late replying to this thread, but Yeah. If you're still having trouble with it, I'll see what i can do to help you out. ]
Edit: Haha. two months ago? Damn. I really need to keep up. I'm mostly a windows person though.

Sorry for the late reply, so if I want your help playing Valkyrie iRO, what exactly do I do?
and can you please keep in regular touch?
Please i reallly want to play man.

Follow this guide. 😊

Sure it'll work, if it doesn't can i have your help?

Sure, but it should work on the first time.

How can I run Valkyrie iRO instead of iRO?

There is only one installer for IRO, which includes the client for each of the three servers: Yggdrasil, Ymir, and Valkyrie. To play on Valkyrie after completing the installation, simply open the shortcut named ‘Valkyrie’ from CrossOver Games's ‘programs’ menu.

Please give me the link to download iRO which contains all there, thanks :)

http://irowiki.org/ccount/click.php?id=5

When i put on my CrossOver Games 9, which is needed for iRO it says update or quit :(?
So can i use Version 10.0.1?

CrossOver Games doesn't force you to upgrade. Perhaps your trial period expired?

So I can't use 10.0.1?

No, it won't work.

Where can I get 9 then? like not a trial

You have to buy CrossOver Games if you wish to continue using it after its trial period has expired. However, if you didn't make use of your trial period, follow these instructions to enable another one:

1. Close CrossOver Games if it's open.
  2. Delete the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.codeweavers.CrossOverGames.plist.
  3. Delete the folder ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games.
  4. Delete the folder ~/Library/Caches/com.codeweavers.CrossOverGames.
  5. Install CrossOver Games 9.

(The tilde symbol represents your home folder. For example, ~/Library is equivalent to /Users/richard/Library for myself.)

Completing this procedure will erase all of CrossOver Games's settings and data, but this is necessary to downgrade from version 10 to 9 without strange behaviour anyway.

Hmm, i understand
since you tell me to do so, if i buy crossover wont they give me a new version rather than Cxg 9 ?

and I would need 9 for iRO :(?

Hi,

If you purchase a Crossover Games license, you will get the latest version,
but you can also download/install any previous version after purchase.

Cheers!

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

Hi,

If you purchase a Crossover Games license, you will get the latest
version,
but you can also download/install any previous version after
purchase.

Cheers!

Additionally, RO is now compatible with CrossOver Games 10.

Ok, so now i can play iRO With Cross over games 10 for sure?

Dhruv wrote:

Ok, so now i can play iRO With Cross over games 10 for sure?

Yes.

To answer your other question (which has mysteriously vanished), you must use the Episode 13.2 installer to install the IRO client.

I don't know about the 13.2 download but i just downloaded the iRO from wiki, this morning so will it have the 13.2 patch or installer or whatever is needed?

Dhruv wrote:

I don't know about the 13.2 download but i just downloaded the iRO
from wiki, this morning so will it have the 13.2 patch or installer
or whatever is needed?

Yes, if you downloaded the correct file. 😋

You're overthinking this. Try to install the client by following my guide.

It's working but when i try to multi - client i follow the steps in the guide with the programs , etc etc .

but when i hit the start button it shows the old one for a second and then the new one opens and gives an error saying something something ' init '

Dhruv wrote:

It's working but when i try to multi - client i follow the steps in
the guide with the programs , etc etc .

but when i hit the start button it shows the old one for a second
and then the new one opens and gives an error saying something
something ' init '

Did you definitely open Ragnarok.exe?

Take a screen capture of the error by pressing command-shift-3, upload the screen capture file from your desktop to an image hosting service such as Imgur, then include the address of the uploaded image in a reply to this post.

http://imgur.com/akyR0

Here's what i did and got .

So basically i normally open up one ragnarok client and then do the step by step do the run how you said to in the guide :P is that what it is?

Dhruv wrote:

http://imgur.com/akyR0

Here's what i did and got .

So basically i normally open up one ragnarok client and then do the
step by step do the run how you said to in the guide :P is that what
it is?

Disable virtual desktop mode; you can't multi-client while it's enabled.

Where's could i find that option?

Dhruv wrote:

Where's could i find that option?

1. In CrossOver Games, choose ‘configure’, ‘manage bottles’ from the menu bar.

2. Select the bottle which contains your Ragnarök Online installation from the list on the left.

3. Open the ‘control panel’ tab, then double-click ‘Wine configuration’ in the list of applications.

4. Open the ‘graphics’ tab.

5. Untick (uncheck) ‘emulate a virtual desktop’.

Now my mouse doesn't move properly and i don't have the menu bar on top ?

Dhruv wrote:

Now my mouse doesn't move properly and i don't have the menu bar on
top ?

You must disable full-screen mode:

1. In CrossOver Games, choose ‘programs’, ‘Ragnarok Online Renewal’, ‘Setup’ from the main menu.

2. Untick (uncheck) ‘full-screen mode’.

3. Press ‘OK’.

Suppose I need to take the ragnarok files on a pendrive from the gravity folder in drive_c from Crossover games, how do i do it, it doesn't seem to appear in the finder :/?

Dhruv wrote:

Suppose I need to take the ragnarok files on a pendrive from the
gravity folder in drive_c from Crossover games, how do i do it, it
doesn't seem to appear in the finder :/?

What doesn't appear in the Finder? Please be specific.

Which operating system (Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux) is running on the computer you want to copy the RO installation to?

I'm having the same exact problem, the most detailed way for me to describe it is I have downloaded and installed IRO completely. I am able to open the Ragnarok Setup, but when I try to run the actual game, the icon bounces in the bottom a little bit and then disappears without any windows opening.
Also I am currently running on Crossover 10.1.2 at least that's what it says in the "About Crossover" menue

1 to 34 of 34

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWUs2eHhUV25UdlpTTnpCcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9