Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation Via C4P-Long Download Time

Because Ragnarok is an FTP download, we have no way communicating the progress of the download.

It is normal to experience a long wait time and it is also normal for the installation to appear like it is not moving (but it is).

I think it would be wiser to force users to download the client outside of CrossOver Games, considering

the problem you've stated,
the client's size,
the likelihood of the transfer being interrupted, and
there are at least 13 regional versions of the client.

On a related issue, the client download page for IRO has moved to http://www.playragnarok.com/downloads/clientdownload.aspx, and the installer key of IRO's latest installer is now ‘{54DF7BDA-1058-4D53-B3D4-2344C69B7D0C}’. The C4P profile should be updated accordingly. :)

Richard Graham wrote:

I think it would be wiser to force users to download the client
outside of CrossOver Games, considering

the problem you've stated,
the client's size,
the likelihood of the transfer being interrupted, and
there are at least 13 regional versions of the client.

On a related issue, the client download page for IRO has moved to
http://www.playragnarok.com/downloads/clientdownload.aspx, and the
installer key of IRO's latest installer is now
‘{54DF7BDA-1058-4D53-B3D4-2344C69B7D0C}’. The C4P profile should
be updated accordingly. :)

Hi,

I had a similar debate with Caron, viz "do we really want/expect users and CX
to be hanging around for 14hours while part of the C4P process is being done..
..downloading whatever?" Me, I'd say "no" ... the fact you can't see progress
of download, is probably only relative to a lot of windows installers which get
that bit horribly wrong anyhow...but, I guess one knows something is happening...

...ftp or not, wget will echo bytecount -- also has the admirable feature of the
-c switch which..in theory at least...would allow one to instigate the C4P process
and get it started (bottle creation + start download), and if everything was nice
and kind about it, 'suspend' or cancel the C4P execution...and go to bed. Next day,
one could restart the C4P profile, ensure it's pointed at the same bottle, and hit
install, and wget should pick up where it left off..blablablah....

...but it -should- be possible to get progress indicators for ftp grabs...imho

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZkIydmV0cXN5ejJWZllSNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9