Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

White screen

I know that this is a known issue, that some people get a white screen at launch.

I am also experiencing this problem. However, I am not using iRO but a private server.

If you are somebody who gets the white screen, please reply and admit to whether or not you are using a legal server. Perhaps the white screen is an isolated issue with private servers.

Hello,
I've encountered the same anxious experience as well as I've tried to connect to matchless-ro private server. My specs are: Leopard OS latest updates onto MacBook Pro medium series.
Still have nor idea how to bypass the problem. It would be great if the administrative staff decided to be involved in this problem.
Cheers

Hello,
Just found the solution that is 100 p.c. workable pls follow these steps there are:

• to improve game issues:
    Download the Windows library files mfc42.dll and msvcp60.dll. (You must own a valid Windows license to legally download and use these libraries.)
    In CrossOver Games, open the ‘control panel’ tab, then double-click ‘winecfg’.
    In the new window which is opened, press ‘add application’, navigate to your client folder, then choose the file Ragexe.exe.
    Open the ‘libraries’ tab.
    Enter ‘dinput’ in the ‘new override for library’ field, then press ‘add’.
    Return to the ‘applications’ tab.
    Repeat steps for the files RagFree.exe and Sakexe.exe if they exist.

• to improve mouse issues:
    Download ROExt and extract its contents (the default relative path of which is Program Files/Gravity/RagnarokOnline). http://www.ghm.demon.co.uk/software/roext.zip

• white screen tragedy has gone as long as it's fixed :)
    Configuring the client to run in full-screen mode, tick the emulate the virtual desktop mode before you go.
    Select the most appropriated and convenient screen resolution by means of game tweaking utility :)

be good and have much fun! PS pls mind my specs OS X 10.5.8 and CXG 9

genuzz wrote:

Download the Windows library files mfc42.dll and msvcp60.dll. (You
must own a valid Windows license to legally download and use these
libraries.)

You don't need to manually download these. You can install the Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable package, which you can find in CrossOver's software installer window, under Runtime Support Components. CrossOver knows how to download and install it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicHRlU0drVjdORW1odEtMYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9