Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Epilleptic fit mode

Hey guys,

I currently have a 2007 Macbook and I'm using crossover games to run Ragnarok Online, but it doesn't seem to be working. When I open the game the first 3 seconds is fine, but then it starts to flicker like crazy. I looked under the tips and tricks to find the solution, but it didn't help much. I don't really understand the "false window mode" and I tried changing the resolution (the game doesn't even open if i set the resolution past 1024x768). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Piko

Hi,

Use winecfg to set 'emulate a virtual desktop' ON ... ;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-games-mac/controlpanel

Cheers!

I still encounter the problem.

This is how it looks:

The only way I can run Ragnarok without this issue is if I have the following settings:

1. "Emulate a virtual desktop" unticked in CrossOver Game's winecfg
  2. "Full Screen Mode" unticked in Ragnarok's Setup.exe

If I do this, however, Ragnarok runs full screen (my resolution is 1440x900) regardless of what resolution I try to set it at in RO's Setup.exe.

I'm currently trying to run the game in windowed mode (via winecfg) to have it smaller -- but I keep encountering this flickering problem.

This flickering problem occurs when:

1. "Emulate a virtual desktop" is ticked
  2. "Full Screen Mode" is ticked
    (In example above, resolution is set at 800x600. Problem still occurs with different resolutions set.)

With these settings, the game still functions -- the graphics are just all warped, with that constant flickering occupying 2/3rds of the window.

I have also tried:

1. "Emulate a virtual desktop" ticked
  2. "Full Screen Mode" unticked

With these settings, the game does not start at all -- just a jumble of graphics, duplications of graphics I already have displayed on my screen (nothing RO related).

This is how it looks:

I know it's possible to play RO in windowed mode -- I've seen screenshots. But I have not managed to get it to work. What settings should I be using?

To note:
I've noticed that this flickering occupying 2/3rds of the screen space occurs only when "Full Screen Mode" is ticked in Setup.exe -- this is true regardless of whether or not "Emulate a virtual desktop" is enabled in winecfg.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZk5oM2daRkJHQ2tLVlE3RSIsImdkcHIiOjB9