Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Gold medal rank

This application should not be ranked as gold because it has the following compatibility issues on Mac OS X:

• The client crashes on some Macs.
• The graphics are partially or completely distorted on some Macs.
• Fog is rendered incorrectly on the Intel GMA 950 graphics processor since version 7.2.0.
• Some functions are unavailable because they are assigned to keys which are not present on Mac keyboards.
• You can't switch to the game using the application switcher (command-tab) when it's running in windowed mode.
• Notices aren't displayed by the updater.

The rank should be reverted to silver.

OK it actually runs perfect for me but yeah you are right i didn't think about some of the points you make in there, i will downgrade to silver, although in my opinion it runs perfect to be fully playable.

The rank is still gold. 😋

~~ Haha.. I would love to rank it Gold.. but your points are valid...

In general... it sufficient enough to be at least played...
It is important for new users to check the Read Me: Installation post in Tips and Tricks in order to get this game to work.. some extra steps are required (Windows library files needed).

i only dont rank it gold because it requires mfc42.dll and msvcp60.dll to play, otherwise... its gold to me

Even so, the game is at least playable with the help of those windows files, but its not it makes it complete. As for me, i have yet to notice any graphic problems with iRo on my mac. [ Command + Tab works for me, not perfectly though, but enough to be able to switch between different windows, and yeah, notices don't display in the patcher. ]

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWEg5NFh1ZTZKeEJHUlBXcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9