Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Help getting RO to run.

I just downloaded the Mac version of CrossOver so I could play Ragnarok Online. I downloaded the game files from the official RO website and installed them with CrossOver, but now I can't run them. Surely I'm missing something here, because when I click on the Ragnarok Online icon saved in my CrossOver folder, it just doesn't do ANYTHING. no error message, no attempt at all at running the program. If it was just a untested and buggy program to try and run on CrossOver, wouldn't I at least be able to open the file first? Hmm, I'm so confused! Thanks for any help I might get.

Sorry for not replying to this faster... seems I don't get these messages in my email anymore. Anyway, I'm not familiar with how Crossover runs on Mac. I've been running it in Linux for a couple years, but I know the frustration of clicking with no effect.

I hate to say it, but if you haven't ever used the Terminal.app in Mac, this is the time to start getting familiar, especially for troubleshooting Crossover. However, running it in the Terminal--i.e. from command line--depends on where the Crossover is installed, and where Ragnarok.exe is installed. Is there anybody with a Mac who can help with this?

When I used to run crossover in Ubuntu "/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine Ragexe.exe 1rag1" or "/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine Ragnarok.exe" but that's only if I already was in the folder where Ragnarok was installed. Check out the tips and tricks--be warned, you may be getting your hands dirty. If this gets a bit much, you might want to consider using a dual boot scenario as well.

Things to try--Did you:

1. Install Internet Explorer 6.0 into the bottle with Ragnarok?
  2. Try grabbing the two .DLL files mentioned in the "known issues" section from the internet?
  3. Have the Microsoft font packages installed?

Good luck. Again, I haven't run Ragnarok in awhile, so these instructions may work, or you may burn down your house.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOEVxTkJrUTg2d0d4V0g1eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9