Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

euphRO

EuphRO is a ragnarok online private server. (euphrogame.com)

I can install the game and it runs but I cannot connect to the server. It says FAILED TO CONNECT TO SERVER. and I'm having trouble and need help. :(

And I'm currently using Crossover VERSION 7

I think this game uses GameGuard, an anti cheat system that does not(and probably never will) work on CrossOver. This could cause the conenct failures

I don't think the problem is with some kind of protection, this is a known problem with Private RO servers, take a look at this thread on the WineHQ
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3962
At first people thought that the server address wasn't read correctly because of the different korean encoding of the GRF file, but now the problem seems different: in the debug you can see that the server address is resolved correctly but then is stored and "lost" in the memory...
On Wine in Linux the solution is very simple, you have to just use an iptables command like that:
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d (bad ip here) -j DNAT --to (true ip here)
where the bad ip in my case is: 97.109.101.46
and the good ip of EUphRO (ping game.euphrogame.com) is: 69.65.40.153
to redirect all the traffic from the bad to the good address.
Unfortunately I don't know MAC OS very well so I don't know how to "translate" that command in "ipfw" that is, as far as I know, the firewall program in MAC.
If anyone can try it on ipfw (or tell me the command) it would be very helpful.
Thanks

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidjhhTE5NZEc0QkNxcEZhTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9