Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation of Ragnarok Online: TalonRo (might work to other installations): MAC

This post is actually proposed to me by support team since they are trying to help me resolve an issue under 16.2. But to help other users who decided to smoothly run Private Server Ragnarok or even Official Ragnarok should follow very simple step (I do recommend trying this on TalonRO since it is the one tested here):

Installation procedure (works most of the time if the launcher failed to load might aswell update the RO client using Virtualization such as Parallels. EXE will work if you have installed the dependency because ALL ro.exe are based on the old original exe with same dependencies ):

1. Install C++ 2008 and Visual C++ 6.0 runtime - Common reason why Ragnarok fail to load is because of absence of this dependency
  2. Install using installer (in my case i used TALONRO), this worked in other version of RO aswell because it's common.
    • Quite buggy in some loaders/launcher. So after updating using other Virtualization apps run the exe with flag then create a CG Launcher: romainexe.exe -1rag1-
  3. Set Dinput override - some Ragnarok installation uses this DLL (for ROext feature mouse freedom) to allow the mouse to move out of the window without alt tabbing
  4. Launch RagnarokSetup.exe first which will set the resolution in the registry.
    • sometime works without this. but better to have it configure first)
  5. Run the Launcher or with the flagged exe.
  6. If failed to load. Replace the dlls in system32 with the given dll version (mfc42 and msvcrt). I can't determine the
    version of it because im using a mac at this moment.
  7. Should run now if using CG 15 to 16

DLLs Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-s_xCflOKm6UmotWnIwckVZNDQ

• make sure to create launchers. Most of the time CG won't be able to create launchers for this so you have to create it manually by using RUN COMMAND: Save Command as Launcher. (bugs can be encounter on later versions that you can't create a launcher with same old filename. Just try to figure it out or rename the original exe)
  • If you encounter FONT issues just try to install core fonts or ask support team. But I never had this issue under 15-16.1

Errors in 16.2: Will create a window but won't load launcher nor the Exe. or will load the Launcher but won't load the exe. I think support team is working on it now :) Hopefully

Have a great time!
-BlueOnion-

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic25wZHZ0VFE5ZGdQdjd5MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9