Race 07 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Race 07 works great in CrossOver Games 8.1.

Just tried in windowed mode, ATI iMac. Have not tried full-screen or with a real wheel attached. Waiting for my Fanatec adapter.. we'll see how everything comes together, but good signs so far!

I wonder if that was my issue... When I tried it was in full screen mode. This is before I knew windowed was better. Did you set any launch options?

Edit: It works! Even though I selected windowed mode it launched full screen but ran pretty decent. I haven't tested it with a wheel yet either but i will and will report back! So far: Fullscreen on a iMac with a ATI HD 2600 @ 1280X800 works!

Steamstartup(0xf,0x0033fca8) failed with error 1: Failed to take master pipe connection lock
Very common error repeatable on two different machines but both with ATI Cards

I did manage to get a MS Sidewinder wheel working well but I also have a Logitech Driving Force Pro and only the wheel is seen the pedals are a no go!

Far from where this needs to be!

If there is anyone with a Logitech G series wheel that could test it? I would be very grateful to find a good wheel that works!

I've tried Steam Race 07 demo on CrossOver 8.1.3, Linux Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit, videocard Nvidia GeForce 8400M GT with Nvidia driver version 190.42.
The game starts, and everything looks perfect except when you try to drive the car.
At this point the screen is broken like the image below:

I've tried both windowed and full screen mode with results being the same or crashing producing Steam dumps.

[]s,
Guilherme Buonfiglio

Hi,

I've installed and tried the demo here -- linux, 9400gt & nvidia 190.42 -- I'm not seeing
the same issue (but then again...exactly which race scenario have you selected there?).

The other thing to note, was this used a fresh Steam install into a fresh winxp bottle,
and done all manually...ie; I didn't use any of the cxinstallwizard targets..

I'll keep playing with it and see if I can force the issue...

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWk1GYUtZOU5MTlVzR2NzQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9