Perfect World International Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Failed to create PW?

Hello, I tired to install the game via supported software, the download went right, but I'm stuck at the installation... when i install about 99% of the game, the installer just pops this message: Failed to create C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International! and then just uninstalls the software. I tried renaming the folders in which the game should be installed but it didn't work...
I'm running a Macbook and the latest version of Crossover Games
Any help would be nice,

Best regards,

Igor

Yepp. I have the exact same problem. Which is odd, I used to be able to install it in CXG 7.2, but not run it, now since I got 8.0, I decided to try it out, it's in the supported list, so, I figured. However, it didn't work, I've re-downloaded it 4 times now, and reinstalled it well over 15 times, it spits out the same problem that it failed to create the folder, no matter where I chose to install it.
I tried installing it in CXG 7.2, but alas that failed aswell. I am beginning to doubt it has as much with CXG to do as it does with the installer.

Have you tried transferring the installer file into the bottle then run it from within the bottle?

John Stokes wrote:

Have you tried transferring the installer file into the bottle then
run it from within the bottle?

I just did, and it produced the same error, in both 8.0 and 7.2. CXG Mac.

=EDIT=
I just remembered that when I successfully managed to install this, I was running 10.5.6, now I run from an external harddrive running version 10.5.0 of the Macintosh OS X Operating System, perhaps I should update and see if that fixes the problem.

=EDIT=
Kay, so I updated, no change whatsoever.

Um, can you verify that you have enough space? The only error I get when installing PWs that resembles this error is because I don't have enough space.

Another Mac in-house (currently running Snow Leopard) has trouble with the updater. We were able to work around this by changing the update setting to be 'manual' and then letting it crash, opening PW again, going back into the update settings and as soon as the main menu had verified the game version (you can see it do this behind the update settings window) flipped it back to automatic update. Perfect World is now updating normally.

Also note that Perfect World International is not very forthcoming about when they are doing server updates. When this happens, nothing seems to work. It is usually on Tuesday afternoon, but we have noticed it at other times.

I just updated the other forum thread with the testing we've done in-house.

You might try switching to the 'manual update' and then switching back to the automatic one.

Wait, with updater I meant updating the Operating System, we haven't managed to install Perfect World as of yet.
I get to 99% and then it says that it cannot create the directory (amusingly enough, there's files in that directory, which the installer then deletes). This applies for Jade Dynasty as well, but it only gets to 28% in the process for me.

The installation halts at a file called unicows.dll.
I found this (http://jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=948831) on the internet scouting for an answer, and tried this out, without success. Note though that that specific solution was applied to Windows and to Jade Dynasty, and the application in question is Perfect World.

=EDIT=
I actually found another page with the same problem, now, stating this it is starting to seem more WINE specific than installer specific, but I am still not quite sure seeing as I managed to install it on CXG 7.2 before, now however I cannot install it on 7.2 or 8.0.

=Another EDIT=
And as for the space thing, my HD has 110.71 GB's available, I do believe that that is enough.

Hmmmm... seems like maybe the installer location is something your system may not be happy with. Can you try downloading from one of the other various sites for Perfect World?

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

Download the installer manually and leave it somewhere you can remember.

Then, open CrossOver Games and select 'Perfect World' from the installer list.

Select 'New Bottle'

Name the new bottle something memorable.

For the 'Installer Source:' select 'Choose an Installer File...'

Click 'Install'

Point CrossOver Games at the location where you downloaded the installer to.

CrossOver Games should start the installer and be on it's merry way.

Cheers!

If you continue to have problems please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com.

Nope, that didn't work either for me. 6th download.
I gave in and reinstalled Parallels and Windows XP. And now it works.
I have a graphic glitch, but that doesn't belong in this thread. Thanks for the help.

I managed this problem by dowloading the missing files (those that installer can not create before) from another source and placing them into the perfect world directory, here is the "how to".

When installer stop at 99% and the error message pops, go to your "Perfect World Enterteiment" folder, comonly located in
/Users/[your_user_name]/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Perfect World/drive_c/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/

Then rename the folder "Perfect World International" for "Perfect World International!"

Then change the folder reading options by presing "comand+i" and change all permissions to "Read only"

Then go to the installation again and hit "Acept" to all error messages.

Now go back to the finder and change again the perrmissions for those the folder has before.

Then dowload and uncompres this file http://www.mediafire.com/?jqlzdgmiwyh (this is provided by a user named BitCasst in the Wine forums you may want to follow this link for the wine forums http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=9923&iTestingId=18353)

Then replace the files in:
/Users/[your_user_name]/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Perfect World/drive_c/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International!/launcher/
And in
/Users/[your_user_name]/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Perfect World/drive_c/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International!/patcher/
For those you just dowloaded.

Now the installation is done. You can run the game and update by using the "Launcher.exe" located in /Users/[your_user_name]/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Perfect World/drive_c/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International!/launcher/Launcher.exe

Thats all, i know this "cooking recipe" is large and could be a bit tricky, but is the only way i found for this thing to work, hope it works for you too, at least until a better solution come to us, be patient and have good luck.

PD: The automatic update option works for me, hope for you too.
PD 2: Im runing CrossOver Games 8.1.3 on Mac OS X 10.5.8/ iMac early 2006 1.8GHz/ Intel Core Duo/ 1.5GB RAM/ 2.48GB hard disk drive free space XD
PD 3: Sorry if my english is not perfect, im working on it. XP

Is there any update on that issue? I still have the same error for "Perfect World" and "Ether Saga Online".

Thanks

Sorry about the late response. What version of cxgames are you using?

I have the same error at 99% so I tried the tip suggested by eridani but when I open the Launcher.exe (or elementclient.exe) nothing happens...
I used the C4P file, the only thing I'm doing different is installing from a local disk instead of downloading from the net but I know the install works (under Windows anyway).

Any help appreciated,
Alex

OS 10.6.4
COG 9.1.0

• Edit - After reading other posts I tried with COG Run Command, that did it for me 😉

Try this and see if it helps.

At the terminal type:
export LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8

then re-run the install... This allowed me to install PWI with crossover-games-9.2.1.

eridani wrote:

I managed this problem by dowloading the missing files (those that
installer can not create before) from another source and placing
them into the perfect world directory, here is the "how to".

When installer stop at 99% and the error message pops, go to your
"Perfect World Enterteiment" folder, comonly located in
/Users/[your_user_name]/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Perfect World/drive_c/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/

Then rename the folder "Perfect World International" for "Perfect World International!"

Then change the folder reading options by presing "comand+i" and
change all permissions to "Read only"

Then go to the installation again and hit "Acept" to all error
messages.

Now go back to the finder and change again the perrmissions for
those the folder has before.

Then dowload and uncompres this file
http://www.mediafire.com/?jqlzdgmiwyh (this is provided by a user
named BitCasst in the Wine forums you may want to follow this link
for the wine forums
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=9923&iTestingId=18353)

Then replace the files in:
/Users/[your_user_name]/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Perfect World/drive_c/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International!/launcher/
And in
/Users/[your_user_name]/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Perfect World/drive_c/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International!/patcher/
For those you just dowloaded.

Now the installation is done. You can run the game and update by
using the "Launcher.exe" located in /Users/[your_user_name]/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Perfect World/drive_c/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International!/launcher/Launcher.exe

Thats all, i know this "cooking recipe" is large and could be a bit
tricky, but is the only way i found for this thing to work, hope it
works for you too, at least until a better solution come to us, be
patient and have good luck.

PD: The automatic update option works for me, hope for you too.
PD 2: Im runing CrossOver Games 8.1.3 on Mac OS X 10.5.8/ iMac early
2006 1.8GHz/ Intel Core Duo/ 1.5GB RAM/ 2.48GB hard disk drive free
space XD
PD 3: Sorry if my english is not perfect, im working on it. XP

Is the replacement files supposed to have launcher.exe? Because I decompressed it and what was in the launcher folder was 紧急修复.bat

I'm also having problems installing PWI.

i am having trouble installing it. it said it is installed and then it goes to the website and it isn't installed when i look.

I'm having a similar problem too here...

It keeps on sending error messages telling me that the folder cannot be created and after I created it manually another similar error message on another different folder pops up.

LOG FILE

***** Sat Mar 24 13:12:14 2012
Starting: '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/cxassoc' '--bottle' 'Perfect World - International Version-3' '--sync'

***** Sat Mar 24 13:12:15 2012
Starting: '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wine' '--no-convert' '--wl-app' 'assocscan.exe' '--scan' '--icon-dir' '/Users/ryanagustinohalim/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Perfect World - International Version-3/windata/Associations'

CXConfig->read(/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/etc/CrossOver.conf)
CXConfig->read(/Users/ryanagustinohalim/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/CrossOver.conf)
Product version=11.0.2.25991
21238: Grabbing the '/var/folders/lb/kd2mzs096rl0zx4j6yqnvh600000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-e000002-a328777a.lock' lock
21238: Got the '/var/folders/lb/kd2mzs096rl0zx4j6yqnvh600000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-e000002-a328777a.lock' lock
CXConfig->read(/Users/ryanagustinohalim/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Perfect World - International Version-3/cxbottle.conf)
Mode = 'private'
Bottle environment variables:
PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC -> 20
Environment:
CX_ROOT = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver"
CX_BOTTLE = "Perfect World - International Version-3"
WINEPREFIX = "/Users/ryanagustinohalim/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Perfect World - International Version-3"
CX_WINDOWS_VERSION = <undefined>
PATH = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib"
WINEDLLPATH = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib/wine"
WINEDLLOVERRIDES = <undefined>
LD_PRELOAD = ""
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL = <undefined>
WINELOADER = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader"
WINESERVER = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineserver"
WINEDEBUG = "+cxreboot,-cxassoc,-cxmenu"
CX_LOG = "/Users/ryanagustinohalim/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/desktopdata/com.codeweavers.c4.4687.17290.log.fifo"
CX_DEBUGMSG = "+cxreboot,-cxassoc,-cxmenu"
CX_WINE_USAGE_LOGFILE = <undefined>
DISPLAY = ":2"
21238: Releasing the '/var/folders/lb/kd2mzs096rl0zx4j6yqnvh600000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-e000002-a328777a.lock' lock
Command:
/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader winewrapper.exe --no-convert --run -- /Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib/wine/assocscan.exe.so --scan --icon-dir /Users/ryanagustinohalim/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Perfect World - International Version-3/windata/Associations

** Sat Mar 24 13:12:15 2012
Starting '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader' 'winewrapper.exe' '--no-convert' '--run' '--'
'/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib/wine/assocscan.exe.so' '--scan' '--icon-dir' '/Users/ryanagustinohalim/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Perfect World - International Version-3/windata/Associations'

***** Sat Mar 24 13:12:15 2012
Starting: '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wine' '--bottle' 'Perfect World - International Version-3' '--untrusted' '--wait-children' '--no-convert' '--dll' 'msvcrt=b' '--' 'Z:\Users\ryanagustinohalim\Library\Application Support\CrossOver\installers\7b5456918100032a5061f5bb16060587.PWIDescentInstaller.exe'

CXConfig->read(/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/etc/CrossOver.conf)
CXConfig->read(/Users/ryanagustinohalim/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/CrossOver.conf)
Product version=11.0.2.25991
21241: Grabbing the '/var/folders/lb/kd2mzs096rl0zx4j6yqnvh600000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-e000002-a328777a.lock' lock
21241: Got the '/var/folders/lb/kd2mzs096rl0zx4j6yqnvh600000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-e000002-a328777a.lock' lock
CXConfig->read(/Users/ryanagustinohalim/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Perfect World - International Version-3/cxbottle.conf)
Mode = 'private'
Bottle environment variables:
PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC -> 20
Environment:
CX_ROOT = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver"
CX_BOTTLE = "Perfect World - International Version-3"
WINEPREFIX = "/Users/ryanagustinohalim/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Perfect World - International Version-3"
CX_WINDOWS_VERSION = <undefined>
PATH = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib"
WINEDLLPATH = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib/wine"
WINEDLLOVERRIDES = "msvcrt=b"
LD_PRELOAD = ""
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL = <undefined>
WINELOADER = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader"
WINESERVER = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineserver"
WINEDEBUG = "+cxreboot,-cxassoc,-cxmenu"
CX_LOG = "/Users/ryanagustinohalim/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/desktopdata/com.codeweavers.c4.4687.17290.log.fifo"
CX_DEBUGMSG = "+cxreboot,-cxassoc,-cxmenu"
CX_WINE_USAGE_LOGFILE = <undefined>
DISPLAY = ":2"
21241: Releasing the '/var/folders/lb/kd2mzs096rl0zx4j6yqnvh600000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-e000002-a328777a.lock' lock
Command:
/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader winewrapper.exe --wait-children --no-convert --run -- Z:\Users\ryanagustinohalim\Library\Application Support\CrossOver\installers\7b5456918100032a5061f5bb16060587.PWIDescentInstaller.exe

** Sat Mar 24 13:12:15 2012
Starting '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader' 'winewrapper.exe' '--wait-children' '--no-convert' '--run' '--'
'Z:\Users\ryanagustinohalim\Library\Application Support\CrossOver\installers\7b5456918100032a5061f5bb16060587.PWIDescentInstaller.exe'

fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLibForUser (0x135338, L"C:\Program Files\Pando Networks\Media Booster\npPandoWebPlugin.dll", (null)) registering the typelib system-wide
fixme:netsh:wmain stub: L"netsh" L"firewall" L"add" L"allowedprogram" L"program=C:\Program Files\Pando Networks\Media Booster\PMB.exe" L"name=Pando Media Booster" L"mode=ENABLE" L"profile=all"
fixme:netsh:wmain stub: L"netsh" L"firewall" L"add" L"portopening" L"protocol=ALL" L"port=57770" L"name=Pando Media Booster" L"profile=all"
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: saveIni
at 0x006f4c1e (Unknown Source)
at 0x006f5112 (Unknown Source)
at 0x006d08a4 (Unknown Source)
at 0x0074c254 (Unknown Source)
at 0x006d04dd (Unknown Source)
at 0x004074bf (Unknown Source)
at 0x00406cb9 (Unknown Source)
at 0x004046b8 (Unknown Source)
at 0x004044e0 (Unknown Source)
at 0x00406548 (Unknown Source)
at 0x0040c268 (Unknown Source)
at 0x006f9d60 (Unknown Source)
at 0x0072932c (Unknown Source)
at 0x007892e5 (Unknown Source)
at 0x7bc66468 (Unknown Source)
at 0x7bc684b6 (Unknown Source)
at 0x7bc6642e (Unknown Source)
at 0x7bc6eb93 (Unknown Source)
at 0x9a9a4ed5 (Unknown Source)
at 0x9a9a86da (Unknown Source)
fixme:cacls:main This is dummy cacls, not performing ACL manipulations
fixme:netsh:wmain stub: L"netsh" L"advfirewall" L"firewall" L"add" L"rule" L"name=Pando Media Booster" L"dir=in" L"action=allow" L"program=C:\Program Files\Pando Networks\Media Booster\PMB.exe" L"enable=yes" L"profile=ANY" L"protocol=ANY" L"edge=yes"
fixme:advapi:GetCurrentHwProfileW (0x33e200)
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption INTERNET_OPTION_PER_CONNECTION_OPTION stub
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption Unhandled dwOption 4
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption Unhandled dwOption 5
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption Unhandled dwOption 6
fixme:winsock:WSALookupServiceBeginW (0x1c2f64c 0x00000ff1 0x1c2f644) Stub!
fixme:ieframe:ClassFactory_QueryInterface (0x40642e38)->({b196b28f-bab4-101a-b69c-00aa00341d07} 0x42c7ff8)
err:ole:apartment_getclassobject DllGetClassObject returned error 0x80004002
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {8856f961-340a-11d0-a96b-00c04fd705a2} could be created for context 0x3
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
fixme:ieframe:PersistStorage_InitNew (0x1aeaee0)->(0x2574258)
fixme:ieframe:PersistStorage_GetClassID (0x1aeaee0)->(0xcaf6f0)
fixme:ieframe:ViewObject_SetAdvise (0x1aeaee0)->(1 00000000 0x1aea468)
fixme:ieframe:OleObject_Advise (0x1aeaee0)->(0x1aea468, 0x42c7d58)
fixme:ieframe:PersistStorage_GetClassID (0x1aeaee0)->(0xcaf9fc)
fixme:ieframe:PersistStorage_Save (0x1aeaee0)->(0x2574258 1)
fixme:ieframe:PersistStorage_Save (0x1aeaee0)->(0x2574258 42bfa01)
fixme:ieframe:PersistStorage_SaveCompleted (0x1aeaee0)->(0x0)
fixme:ieframe:navigate_url Unsupported args (Flags 0x258e2c8:10; TargetFrameName 0x258e2d8:10)
fixme:urlmon:URLMoniker_BindToObject use running object table
fixme:wininet:set_cookie persistent cookies not handled (L"expires=Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:46:22 GMT; path=/; domain=.pandonetworks.com")
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x4c7f54c, overlapped 0x4c7f530): stub
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus (0x1aeaf94)->((null) 1 0xcaeeec 0x0)
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus command_0: 27, 0x0
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 25
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 26
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 37 of group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:mshtml:nsHttpChannelInternal_SetDocumentURI (0x27dbb60)->()
fixme:ieframe:ClientSite_GetContainer (0x1aeaf94)->(0xcaef0c)
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 84 of group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:wininet:InternetLockRequestFile STUB
fixme:mshtml:nsChannel_IsNoCacheResponse (0x27dbb60)->(0xcae174)
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't know what to do!
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 29
fixme:ieframe:DocHostUIHandler_GetDropTarget (0x1aeaf94)
fixme:ieframe:ClientSite_GetContainer (0x1aeaf94)->(0xcaf47c)
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x100da, 0x2596ae0): stub
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 25
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 26
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 69 of CGID_Explorer
fixme:ieframe:PropertyNotifySink_OnChanged unimplemented dispid 1005
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 69 of CGID_Explorer
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0xcae6d0,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:resource:GetGuiResources (0xffffffff,0): stub
_cairo_win32_get_system_text_quality:

1 to 17 of 17

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE5MzQ0MDgzLCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVFZHYWdlN1p4SkxmcFVlZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9