Perfect World International Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Descent Expansion - game no longer opens.

I haven't been able to run the client since the last game patch to the new expansion. I'm receiving the following error when trying to manually "Run Command..." elementclient.exe

Command error text:
wine: Call from 0x7b82b3e2 to unimplemented function msvcr80.dll._stat32, aborting

This is using Crossover Games 10.1.2 on OSX 10.6.8

Searching online I see some similar people fixed it by upgrading wine to 1.3.15 but I don't think its possible to change the wine used in Crossover past 1.3.9? Anyone has encountered this before?

I myself have a similar problem...but my problem lies in the fact that I can't seem to update/patch the game...

You need to install C++ Runtime 2008 and 2005

If you install fresh the new crosstie includes these.

The version of crossover I use is 9.0 and I have mac OS X 10.6.8....What do I do?

Yep installing fresh fixed it!
Thanks.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTjhWenU1dUFhTVlzdWhieCIsImdkcHIiOjB9