PeachTree Complete Accounting 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

User Security Issue Opening New Company

I've been using PT 2007 for several months. I have a company setup and all is working fine. This morning I needed to add a new company and after I finished the setup wizard I went to open the new company and received an error stating there is no liscensed user account for this company. How do I setup a admin user account for the new company. The old company works fine.

Hi Rose,

I have installed the trial version of Crossover Mac 6.2.1 on an Intel iMac. The trial period has twenty-nine days remaining. I am unable to install Peachtree Complete Accounting 2007. I respectfully request your assistance. I am testing PCAW and ESHA Genesis R&D SQL on Crossover. If at least Peachtree works, then I will purchase it.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best wishes.

Regards,

Kurt R. Todoroff
kurt.r.todoroff@comcast.net

I have been unable to install PCAW2007 on my system. System data follows:

iMac Intel 20"  
 2GHz Core 2 Duo  
 1GB memory  
 320GB hard drive  
 All updates installed

I have attempted to install PCAW2007 into the following bottles unsuccessfully:

Win98  
 Win98 with IE6 already installed  
 Win2000  
 Win2000 with IE6 already installed  
 WinXP  
 WinXP with IE6 already installed

In each of these installation attempts, I navigated to the PCAW2007 installation CD disk, then to the installer program, setup.exe. The installation failed on each attempt.

On a side note, I could not make IE6 work from within the Win2000 and WinXP bottles, only the Win98 bottle. IE6/Win98 ran quite well and fast. However, when I attempted to use functionality that required ActiveX, it would not perform. I was trying to display stock graphs. The website clearly stated up front that ActiveX was required. This is why I can't use Safari to visit this site.

I have become quite a fan of Crossover Mac. I had previously used Insignia Solutions SoftPC and then later Connectix Virtual PC for some of my business needs, but was quite disappointed with the poor speed of both emulators. I have a few non-mainstream Windows business applications that I want to migrate to Macintosh. To wit:

PCAW2007  
 ESHA Genesis R&D SQL  
 DicksonWare99  
 PCCharge Pro

I recently read in a Codeweaver forum that Crossover Mac V7 may be released soon. I will download that trial version and then attempt to install PCAW2007 again. Rose, if you have any thoughts or insight into installing PCAW2007, I would welcome your thoughts, and would make another attempt.

Kurt R. Todoroff
kurt.r.todoroff@comcast.net

Kurt Todoroff wrote:

On a side note, I could not make IE6 work from within the Win2000
and WinXP bottles, only the Win98 bottle. IE6/Win98 ran quite well
and fast. However, when I attempted to use functionality that
required ActiveX, it would not perform. I was trying to display
stock graphs. The website clearly stated up front that ActiveX was
required.

Some ActiveX software works, some doesn't, as is the case for Windows software generally.

You might try installing the "MFC libraries for ActiveX" package. In CrossOver's preferences, uncheck "Hide service packs and dependencies" to see it in the list.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your prompt response. And thank you for the advice as well.

I have decided to suspend further Crossover Mac testing until Codeweavers make version 7 available. I was wondering about the thirty day trial installation limit. Will the Crossover v7 trial installation software use the Crossover v6 original trial installation date for its thirty day computation? If so, how can I get around that problem since the thirty day limit will have expired when the v7 trial installation becomes available? I deleted all remnants of the Crossover v6 trial installation that I could find on the hard drive.

As I stated in my previous posting, I've used two other emulation packages in the past. I've also read user reports about the other two big name emulators, and about Boot Camp. To quote my teenage employees, I'm geeked about Crossover. I am very serious about migrating my Windows business applications to Macintosh, and I am looking forward to that time. In the interim, I hope that Rose21 sees my posting. I would like to benefit from her success in running Peachtree Complete Accounting 2007 on Crossover Mac since I was not successful at doing so.

Codeweavers have a great product in Crossover. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your assistance, Ken.

Best wishes to you and your team.

Regards,

Kurt R. Todoroff

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZnJxN1A0Z055cnR5SzJ6RiIsImdkcHIiOjB9