Path of Exile Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Path of Exile - Mac - Error 4093

Hey everyone,

I installed Path of Exile with Crossover using Crosstie, which was really simple and fast. When I start the game, it shows the Grinding Gear Games logo on the black screen but then comes up with a little box shortly after which says: "Audio/Sound Effects/MonstersSounds/Zombies/zombie_neutral_04.ogg": Unable to create a buffer: 40963. After clicking okay to the message 4 times, the game shuts down.

I've searched through Google and a few forums, and some people have had the same or similar problem but they are using Wine. I'm pretty sure Crossover uses Wine as well, but Crossover works with it so the user doesn't have to right? My problem is that I don't know whether the fixes people say to do to with Wine will work with what I'm using through Crossover? Someone said to "set openal to native in winecfg" and I'm not sure where to go to do that. I tried the regedit, but I couldn't find either of those things there.

I know this game is unsupported but I'm hoping this is just a general problem that is easy to fix. I can post screenshots of whatever you need.

Thanks so much!

JT

Details:
Crossover 12.0.0.26743
27 inch 2012 iMac 3.4 Ghz i7, 8Gb ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)

Julian Troiano wrote:

Hey everyone,

I installed Path of Exile with Crossover using Crosstie, which was
really simple and fast. When I start the game, it shows the Grinding
Gear Games logo on the black screen but then comes up with a little
box shortly after which says: "Audio/Sound
Effects/MonstersSounds/Zombies/zombie_neutral_04.ogg": Unable to
create a buffer: 40963. After clicking okay to the message 4 times,
the game shuts down.

I've searched through Google and a few forums, and some people have
had the same or similar problem but they are using Wine. I'm pretty
sure Crossover uses Wine as well, but Crossover works with it so the
user doesn't have to right? My problem is that I don't know whether
the fixes people say to do to with Wine will work with what I'm
using through Crossover? Someone said to "set openal to native in
winecfg" and I'm not sure where to go to do that. I tried the
regedit, but I couldn't find either of those things there.

I know this game is unsupported but I'm hoping this is just a
general problem that is easy to fix. I can post screenshots of
whatever you need.

Thanks so much!

JT

Details:
Crossover 12.0.0.26743
27 inch 2012 iMac 3.4 Ghz i7, 8Gb ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB,
OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)

Crossover -> Path of Exile bottle -> Control Panel -> Wine Configurations -> Libraries -> "openal" from the drop down menu, then click "add", then click "apply". Start the game.

That did it for me, thanks!

I just added the openal override to the crosstie, so hopefully this will just work from now on.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1VHUGFxRlVDeEVoUkNUWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9