Nokia Ovi Suite Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install fails for version 2.2.0.241 in winxp bottle

I just tried installing the Ovi Suite (2010-06-24 ver 2.2.0.241) into an XP bottle, and it failed.

I received a "program error" - "The program msi958e.tmp has encountered a serious problem and needs to close." This is related to the "OviMPlatform" app.

I received a "program error" - "The program NokiaMServer.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close." This is related to the "OviMPlatform" app.

After the failure, I see some new apps in the "installed applications" list.

• Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
  • Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater
  • Ovi Desktop Sync Engine
  • OviMPlatform
  • PC Connectivity Solution
  • Windows Driver Package - Nokia pccsmcfd (08/22/2008 7.0.0.0)

Notes: I don't think the installation finishes, because I can't find a traditional looking executable to run. Just the supporting services seem to be installed. Prior to the install, I installed Internet Explorer 6 as well as MSXML 6.

Hi,

I think you're probably right there.....'msi958e.tmp' I believe is some incantation
of Sun's Java platform....(and I'm not real sure on the JRE status in crossover/wine)...

Cheers!

Same issue with 2.2.0.245

A new OVI version has now been released (2.2.1.x), I will test it against Crossover 9.1.0 and 9.2.0beta1.1 and let you know the results.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHRZWm05OGRFZ1Z2d2FFNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9