Need For Speed: Underground 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Tips for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

When installing the game, the prompt to insert disc 2 repeatedly came up and the install process was stuck at 53%. To get this corrected I had to open my file browser (I'm using Budgie so that means Nautilus for me) and just click on the disc in the list of files/shortcuts on the left. You could also just mount it using some commands similar to the following:

sudo mkdir /media/nfsu_d2
sudo mount /dev/sr0 /media/nfsu_d2

Then clicking "OK" on the insert disc 2 prompt should continue the installation as expected. I had tried to copy the contents of disc 1 to the drive and select that as the installation source and have disc 2 in the disc drive, which still didn't work. I am guessing that because the disc is copy protected it didn't get automatically mounted for Crossover to see it. But a normal read-only mount was the answer.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3A0QkEyYUZkejVkY3VncyIsImdkcHIiOjB9