Need for Speed: Pro Street Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Update - installed, and works, but...

Okay, my last post said I couldn't get the DVD to read, however that is a known issue with other games due to DRM. Now, there is a patch online that will allow you to play the game with 'no-cd' in the drive, however I will not tell you where to get it because it may be illegal to do that.

Going back to the game, once you have the patch, drag and drop the patch to the file directory where the game is installed, easiest way to do that is go to "Configure" on the Crossover Games app menu bar. then click "Manage Bottles..." submenu. the "Manage Bottles" config pops up, click "NSFPROSTREET" bottle, on the tabs click 'Advanced' tab, and on the bottom right it should have another tab called 'Open C: Drive in finder" it it will open all the programs you have installed, just like you do in a windows machine, open up the proper folder for the game and drop the patch in its folder.

While your still in the 'Manage Bottles' config and still have 'NFSPROSTREET' selected, on the tabs click 'Control Panel', then select 'winecfg', on the bottom click 'Launch selected Item' It will begin to launch it, depending on your Mac, it may take a few seconds. The 'Wine Configuration' will open, THIS IS IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT THE GAME TO RUN PROPERLY, click on the 'Graphics' tab, and on the 'Window Settings' selection, click and select "Emulate a virtual desktop" and it should default resolution to 800x600. Click 'Apply' and 'Okay' to close the config window.

Its prolly best to go ahead and restart Crossover Games at this point, once Crossover Games is relaunched, go ahead and run the game, the game should run without the cd in the drive, and also it will be windowed, IF you run the game in full screen it will be distorted and hard to read. Going windowed will set the game to its right resolution.

NOTE: The game tends to crash if you try to play it at a higher resolution with the in-game settings; LEAVE THE GAME AT ITS DEFALT GRAPHIC SETTINGS, and it should run without much trouble. You may play around with the graphic settings and resolutions but the game will tend to crash when loading.

Recently tested with CrossOver Games on 7.2.2 running Mac OSX 10.5.6

No settings touched. Just installed and booted up NFS Pro Street.

Resolution CAN be changed. I switched mine to 1280x800 from the default settings.
Others that can be changed without any difficulties are:
World Details

Do not change anything else, as it will make the game just display a black screen.

Game play is kind of choppy on a 2.4Ghz processor. It sometimes has graphical glitches wen racing, i.e. u can see through the car's body.
Applying texture mods (vinyls etc.) will cause the car to become see through more frequently than a complete stock car.

got to install once, but it kept asking for the cd. When I looked for the game's files, I found it had actually not installed the files, even though the setup completed. Tried to install it a second time, and it hung.

EDIT: Tried to replace the .exe as said above, but I couldn't edit the directory where the game was installed. This game is dead in the water.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQmVrOTI4ck5jZW1rUUJ4ayIsImdkcHIiOjB9