Moveslink Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

In loop

It does not work . When installing is in loop of re-installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64) again and again ...

This post is quite old, but I will answer anyway.

If you want to install Moveslink2 with the "setup.exe" from Movescount, install Internet Explorer 8 via CrossTie, than use the "Run Command..." from the "Internet Explorer 8" bottle to execute "setup.exe". The required .Net Framework is already installed with Internet Explorer 8 and Moveslink2.exe requires the Internet Explorer ActiveX control to run.

Unfortunately the IE 8 is not 100% functional and you will get JavaScript errors when you try to connect to Movescount. This is the link to register or sign in:
https://www.movescount.com/auth?client_id=HpF9f1qV5qrDJ1hY1QK1diThyPsX10Mh4JvCw9xVQSglJNLdcwr3540zFyLzIC3e

It will not run in IE 8 and thus Moveslink2 will fail to connect. All you can do it to update your GPS data.

With older Moveslink2 versions it was possible to bypass the connection process by adding the user data manually into the settings file (Settings.xml) but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I used that method since WINE added support for HID devices to sync my Ambit on Linux. Now I am using another method. See Tips & Tricks for Moveslink.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYVNYNzUyOUFSZXd5elRQTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9