Mount and Blade: Warband Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problem. It goes black!

Sorry for my poor English!
I have a fantastic MacbookPro late 2009 15", with 9400+9600

I have the last version of Crossover Games (demo).
I Installed the trial of Warband (that is the same of the full version).
It goes perfectly (also in dx9 mode; I didn't notice the font problem), with 9600 and 9400 too.
The game is exactly good as in windows.
I solve the mouse problem increasing the mouse sensitivity (?) from the option game menu.

BUT

in different situations it crashes: after a custom battle, it goes black (I can listen the music going on). When I change some options (sometimes) it goes black. And i don't know how to quit the game (or crossover application) so I have to shoot down the Mac (NOOOOOOOO ^_^).

I tried the dx7 and dx9 mode but it's the same.

I don't know how to solve the crashes, but you shouldn't have to shut down your Mac.

When a full-screen game crashes or hangs, it can sometimes leave you stuck at a black screen. You can force CrossOver out of full-screen mode by typing Command-Option-R. This is the key combination for the Restore Display item in CrossOver's Window menu, and it works even when the menu is hidden in full-screen mode.

Once you have the menu back, you can get to the Manage Bottles window from the Configure menu. Then, you can use the Task Manager (taskmgr) from the Control panel tab to kill the stuck game. Or, you can use the Quit Bottle and Force Quit Bottle buttons.

If that doesn't work, you can try quitting CrossOver using Command-Q. If that doesn't work, you can try force quitting CrossOver using Command-Option-Escape followed by Return.

Thanks! I tried to do Command-Q but it doesn't works. I didn't know the Command-Option-R combination and 'Command-Option-Escape followed by Return' combination. I was a windows user ^_^. I will try!!!

NB do you know the best configuration settings to use warband on crossover?

Gransoporo wrote:

NB do you know the best configuration settings to use warband on
crossover?

No, sorry, I don't. I don't play Warband and have never tried it with CrossOver Games. I just saw your issue with getting stuck with the black screen and wanted to let you know about the escape hatch. 😊

I don't know what i did, but it works like a charm (^_^ I found this word today). But thanks a lot for the escape hatch.
A question: why Mount and Blade warbands is only in the "all application page"? it is a gold one!

DirectX 9 HDR: Off and shadows mustn't be on Ultra high, and every other setting as you wish.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU3BjNjhVUzh0cXRDeFdtdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9