Mount and Blade: Warband Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mouse Does not work

I can use my mouse to only turn so far to either the left or right in full screen mode.

If I go set crossover to do a virtual window. When I turn my mouse exits the screen and my characters stops turning.

Is there a setting I can set to keep the mouse on the screen?

There's a hack you can enable with a registry setting to try to work around that problem. Look for MouseWarpOverride on this page. In addition to the options for that setting listed there, CrossOver also supports another called "force_edge". Experiment with the various options to see which works best.

To run the registry editor, use the Run Windows Command dialog (a.k.a. cxrun) to run the command "regedit" in the appropriate bottle.

Also, you might want to create this value under the application-specific HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/<whatever>.exe/DirectInput key, rather than the whole-bottle HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/DirectInput key, if there are other things in the bottle. (You should replace <whatever> with the actual name of the Mount and Blade: Warband .exe file, of course.)

Ken Thomases wrote:

There's a hack you can enable with a registry setting to try to work
around that problem. Look for MouseWarpOverride on
this page.
In addition to the options for that setting listed there, CrossOver
also supports another called "force_edge". Experiment with the
various options to see which works best.

To run the registry editor, use the Run Windows Command dialog
(a.k.a. cxrun) to run the command "regedit" in the appropriate
bottle.

Also, you might want to create this value under the
application-specific
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/<whatever>.exe/DirectInput
key, rather than the whole-bottle
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/DirectInput key, if there are other
things in the bottle. (You should replace <whatever> with
the actual name of the Mount and Blade: Warband .exe file, of
course.)

also increasing the mouse sensitivity from the option game menu works.
The problem is that you cannot turn yourself too much, so you have to be careful not to turn yourself over 360°

I've played this game natively on Windows XP and you can only turn yourself so far (like irl). The game itself doesn't always realize you're trying to look back and it can seem like your view is 'stuck' at times. If this is what you're experiencing then that's the game and not Crossover. Try turning up the in-game mouse sensitivity.

yes but this situation is true when you riding a horse. In crossover you have the "180°-360° problem" for the vertical and orizontal (ehm not vertical: <--o-->) axes.

THE "force_edge" options works like a charm. Thanks again

Ken Thomases wrote:

There's a hack you can enable with a registry setting to try to work
around that problem. Look for MouseWarpOverride on
this page.
In addition to the options for that setting listed there, CrossOver
also supports another called "force_edge". Experiment with the
various options to see which works best.

To run the registry editor, use the Run Windows Command dialog
(a.k.a. cxrun) to run the command "regedit" in the appropriate
bottle.

Also, you might want to create this value under the
application-specific
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/<whatever>.exe/DirectInput
key, rather than the whole-bottle
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/DirectInput key, if there are other
things in the bottle. (You should replace <whatever> with
the actual name of the Mount and Blade: Warband .exe file, of
course.)

Thank you, force_edge did the trick here as well.

I am also having this issue. Force_edge does not seem to work--in fact, it made the overworld view jerk around and force the mouse back into the center. I tried the other options as well: force locked up the main menu and would not allow the mouse out of center, disable and enable allowed regular mouse usage in the menus and overworld map, but not battles/city exploration.

I wonder, are you using virtual window alongside one of these settings?

Edit: A clarification. By creating a virtual window at the same resolution as the game, and using the force_edge registry edit, the game does work as expected in battles/towns, as well as menus. Moving the mouse to the edge of the overland map in order to rotate it will result in the mouse jerking towards the center. However, by holding the right mouse button and dragging left or right, the camera can be rotated without any issues. This seems like an acceptable work-around until a better solution arrives.

I've tried using both Force and Force_Edge with virtual desktop and no virtual desktop. In all cases, the problem in which my character couldn't turn past the edge of the screen persisted, and it seems that the force and force_edge settings didn't change anything at all. Can anybody help me?

Hey, Ive got all this worked out so far. Even the mouse problem... Now I want to install a mod (cRPG) but when I look for mount and blade all I find is the executable file and the uninstall. How would I get the mod working in there?

Sticky!
I did force_edge on my regedit.But it didn't work,
when I switch to force it work.

somebody help me D:

Edit: force_edge work only on Fullscreen.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN05OSnQzS0FlOEJwNW43QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9