Mount and Blade: Warband Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DirectX 9 and Mount and Blade Warband

Since I have been obsessively playing this game for the past 2 weeks, I was starting to get tired of the bland DX7 Rendering mode since I'm playing on a $3,300 computer, so I have been doing some tricks and snips to make the game run its best in Direct X 9.

For those of you new to running M&B: Warband through CXG, it is widely recommended that you run the game in Direct X 7 Mode because DX 9 mode is known to cause blocked out textures and coloration bugs. Below are a couple of tips you can apply to mount and blade to make it look and run alot better.

Keep in mind my system specs when you are comparing your results to mine:
MacBook Pro 2011 15"
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
4GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon 6750M with 2GB of VRAM
Mac OS X 10.6.6
Crossover Games 10.1

TIPS

1. If you are experiencing texture bugs or Vertex Buffer errors and have over 512 MB of VRAM on your GPU, then you need to read this: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7554;forum=1;msg=122431 This fixes texture block errors in DirectX 9 but other errors still persist!

2. There are things which do not work in Direct X 9 any way I have tried. First of all is High Quality HDR. On my video card this causes strange discolored luminescence from items in a light path. the luminescence is usually a cold blue. Second is Depth Effects. Activating this causes the blur effect to generate weird green red and yellow discoloration. To curb these issues my recommended settings are: HDR Low or Off, Depth Effects Off, Enable Instancing Off, and Enable Auto Exposure Off.

3. There is a glitch in Direct X 9 Mode that I did not notice before the fix in Tip 1, although it may very well have been there. When Environment Shadows are activated on any setting combination, there is an extremely frustrating and distracting green glow emanating from white clothing and chain mail. and other such bright, reflective surfaces. This glow ONLY occurs in the shaded part of the models, and only appears on humans and horses. The extent of this green glow was trimmed by deactivating Environment Shadows, and setting shaders to medium. I'd like to think its gone now but, and perhaps my eyes are tricking me but I do still see this green but ONLY on the Chainmail neckguard that my character wears. When testing to see how to eliminate this green I found that using Hegen in a custom battle is the fastest way to check this green value, as he is entirely coated in chainmail.

I hope these tips helped and I would highly appreciate any tips that you, the reader have discovered.

-Andrew

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN2JyckV1QVUzdkw4NDhMOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9