mIRC Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

keyboard problems

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.
Occasionally
I'm moving from window to window and the mouse gets bumped or something and I get message that says, "mirc will quit." I find that if I wait a minute, everything returns to normal.
Just before the message, I can't type in the typey box. only some of the letters I'm hitting show up, I can't hit enter. but, that patience thing, it corrects itself.
Also, sometimes I accidentally hit the caps lock. Then it will lock on caps when off, but when on, shows little letters. By the next line, the caps lock is making things all caps and I can turn it off.

I have a mac keyboard, mac mini, and dell peripheries.. I have the latest safari. I believe it said something about keyboard problems would be fixed in the latest download, but they aren't/weren't.

SO I don't know if it is a crossover/mIRC problem or a mac keyboard/safari problem.

I'm so happy to have mIRC again and not have to use xchat, that I don't mind a bit of "patience" learning!

Cat``
(undernet)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiemZneDVHU2JacGh1c2NxTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9